Sickle Bar NH 451 sickle bar hydraulic conversion?

/ NH 451 sickle bar hydraulic conversion? #1  

Four Stop

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to pick up a sickle bar mower with hydraulic lift for mowing hayfield edges, roadways, ponds, etc. around the farm here. A dealer around here has a nice used NH 451 7ft which looks like a viable option. Only thing is, I've got to have a hydraulic lift--we're a hill farm in Vermont, and there isn't a straight run of more than 50 feet where I am. Does anyone know of an aftermarket hydraulic kit which I could bolt on to the NH 451? I've done some looking around the internet, but I can't find anything in my search. Any ideas folks have would be greatly appreciated.

Other option: a new Enrossi BFS 165H, a 5' sickle bar mower with hydraulic lift for $4,100. Does anyone have any feedback about that brand or cutterbar?

Thanks for the help everyone.

/ NH 451 sickle bar hydraulic conversion? #2  
We have the new Superior or Enrossi 7 ft mower with hydraulic lift for $3695 + inexpensive shipping. Ken Sweet

/ NH 451 sickle bar hydraulic conversion? #3  
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to pick up a sickle bar mower with hydraulic lift for mowing hayfield edges, roadways, ponds, etc. around the farm here. A dealer around here has a nice used NH 451 7ft which looks like a viable option. Only thing is, I've got to have a hydraulic lift--we're a hill farm in Vermont, and there isn't a straight run of more than 50 feet where I am. Does anyone know of an aftermarket hydraulic kit which I could bolt on to the NH 451? I've done some looking around the internet, but I can't find anything in my search. Any ideas folks have would be greatly appreciated.

Other option: a new Enrossi BFS 165H, a 5' sickle bar mower with hydraulic lift for $4,100. Does anyone have any feedback about that brand or cutterbar?

Thanks for the help everyone.

You do know that the lift linkage on the 451 will lift the cutter bar via the action of the three-point hitch, right? Mine goes from about 30" below level to about 36" above level just with the motion of the 3pt. You can also change the ratio on it to get more lift/less down or vice versa.

/ NH 451 sickle bar hydraulic conversion?
Thanks for the responses so far.

Verticaltrx-Thanks for that, but I am more looking for a hydraulic lift to raise and lower the cutter bar to the vertical position / 70 degrees downwards--for trimming perimeter overhanging branches / trimming downhill. I've posted a picture of "Bob_in_VT"'s hydraulic lift which he installed on an old JD.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...1278681415-sickle-bar-lifter-mod-s1052076.jpg

Does anyone know of anything prefab-ed for the NH 451? Or am I going to have to make it myself?

Sweettractors- Good price, but shipping would bring it above the price of the dealer down the road from me here. Thanks for the quote. Reliability of the cutterbar / wear of other parts? Do you get pretty good feedback from your customers about the Enrossi?

Thanks

/ NH 451 sickle bar hydraulic conversion? #5  
Thanks for the responses so far.

Sweettractors- Good price, but shipping would bring it above the price of the dealer down the road from me here. Thanks for the quote. Reliability of the cutterbar / wear of other parts? Do you get pretty good feedback from your customers about the Enrossi?

Thanks

We have sold the Superior for around 20 years with no problems and good parts availability. We just took Enrossi at our Munfordville, Ky store on a trial basis to see how they will do? Jury is still out on them. Ken Sweet