NH 570

/ NH 570 #1  

captjack

Silver Member
Tractor
jd 5400
I finally got around to fixing the jd 24t my friend gave me. I bought a NH 570 for a hand shake at an estate sale.

what can you folks tell me about the 570 baler. this one is basic - no thrower , hydro tensioner etc etc

I will be pulling this with a jd 5400

let me know what you can about the 570 - good and bad

Last edited:
   / NH 570 #3  
I fixed my 24t kind of the same way, replace it with a 336. Liked the 336 so much I put a second one in the field.

Believe it or not, you can put a JD #30 kicker on that baler. NH dealers did it for years, and NH sold their own version of the same throw. It just had a different pan.

/ NH 570 #4  
great baler. no issues.

/ NH 570 #5  
I fixed my 24t kind of the same way, replace it with a 336. Liked the 336 so much I put a second one in the field.

Believe it or not, you can put a JD #30 kicker on that baler. NH dealers did it for years, and NH sold their own version of the same throw. It just had a different pan.

It would be a shame to soil a 570 with a pan kicker.

/ NH 570
Well I picked it up ! appears to be a 94 model --the serial number ends in 94

I towed it 75 miles @50mph and the hubs never got hot !

There is a field next to my house that i cut a while back and I was using it to work on my old 24t. There is a bunch of half tied bales and clumps of grass in rows from that fiasco.

I took the 570 over and it baled 27 bales of that mess in what seemed like a few minutes. perfect square bales and knots ! I could not be happier. It eats hay way faster than the 316 i borrowed to bale my last cut. I drove over a busted bale and it just swallowed it right up like it was nothing. I would have to slow down with the 316 or it would have busted a sheer bolt.

Now for the best part. I snagged this baler for 2500 bucks !!!

So my little hay operation breaks down like this.

nh 570 - 2500
nh 488 - 700
kuhn tdr 400
wheel rake 200
Total 3800

Not bad for a small 20 acre hobby operation. I could sell everything I have for a profit if and when my girls give up these horses !

/ NH 570 #7  
Girls give up horses? You have to be kidding, that would put me out of business. God bless the girls and their horses, and the men who have to make them happy with only the best hay money can by for those horses.

SOIL it with a kicker, you mean get it right for a change instead of those guffy belt throwers.

/ NH 570 #8  
you got an awesome little setup for cheap too!! congrats

/ NH 570 #9  
It would be a shame to soil a 570 with a pan kicker.

Why?

I have used both and depending on the field I like one or the other. Small fields or ones with a lot of turns I like the kicker. The only place I feel a belt is better is on hills. Some of the places I have baled the kicker is kicking the bale straight up due to the slope and you have to "drive" under the bale. Where a thrower will throw it straight back going down hill.

Kickers can be more dangerous, but not if you know what you are doing. Speed I have found that if you go at any speed faster than a kicker will go. The thrower isn't any help due to at that speed you end up with too many long and short bales.

A friend of mine just switched from a JD 336 with a kicker to a 570 with a thrower. Made the switch due to that was what we could find on the used market. Seems to be a solid machine. Just took some getting use to. I haven't used a NH since I was a teenager and it was 2 series older than a 570.

/ NH 570 #10  
Some of the places I have baled the kicker is kicking the bale straight up due to the slope and you have to "drive" under the bale. Where a thrower will throw it straight back going down hill.

I would actually agree with you on the problem going down hill. With the kicker things tend to go up instead of back. I do so though love to get the NH lover all fired up. Just one of the simple pleasures in life.

Any good baler will do a good job, but the operator's ability to bale is far more important than what color the machine is or what ejector is on the back of the baler.