NH 630 round baler belt tracking problem

/ NH 630 round baler belt tracking problem #1  

Chuck_Lind

Gold Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TN65 & 1956 John Deere 50
I've been baling quite a bit of hay over the past couple of weeks and have run into a problem. The belts on the NH 630 round baler criss-cross and turn inside out. I know there's an adjustment for belt tension.

My question is: Has anyone ever experienced this in the past and what did you do to correct the situation?

/ NH 630 round baler belt tracking problem #2  
"The belts on the NH 630 round baler criss-cross and turn inside out."

Does this happen when initially starting a new round bale? You need an even amount of hay/straw "across the pickup" to feed into the baler to start the bale rolling inside the baler. A lopsided bale will make the belts cross. Once the bale is started then you can zigzag across the windrows to keep the bale forming correctly.

Once you've maxed out your tensioner on the belts.. they may need to be cut down and re-stapled.

/ NH 630 round baler belt tracking problem
Thank you for answering my post. The belts will criss-cross and twist whether it be at the start of the bale or half-way formed.

Last year, I baled nearly 300 bales with no problem. This year...all of it sudden, the belts started criss-crossing. I suspect the belts are a little too loose, which can cause them to twist rather easily.

I'll be making the adjustments according to the manual and let you know how I make out.

Thanks again, Chuck

/ NH 630 round baler belt tracking problem
Found the problem with the belts criss-crossing and twisting; there's a panel on the back of the baler's tailgate that has fingers about 1/8th of an inch thick and protrude out about 2 inches, thus allowing proper tracking of the belts.

When I lowered the tailgate, the panel got caught on the freshly-made bale causing it to bend outward. When the panel is bent outward, it allows the belts to get out of alignment because there's no fingers to keep them in place.

Live and learn.