NH 6610S Emissions

/ NH 6610S Emissions #1  

kbright

Tractor
Ford 3000
How do I quickly determine if tractor is emission controlled? Thanks

/ NH 6610S Emissions #2  
How do I quickly determine if tractor is emission controlled? Thanks

If the fuel filter is retained with a large gray or black plastic ring the engine is emissionized. If the fuel filter is a conventional spin on element it is not.

/ NH 6610S Emissions
Like this - is it emissioned? 4B092A38-7618-4BB7-BE38-2B12B4024D43.jpeg

/ NH 6610S Emissions
Thanks!!! Thanks

/ NH 6610S Emissions #6  
You appear to have four lines going from the injection pump - one for each injector. The tractor was manufactured from 1994 to 2003. I think it unlikely there is any emission control. A further indicator would be the throttle. If you have a mechanical throttle as opposed to computer controlled it is even less likely to have any emission control.

/ NH 6610S Emissions #7  
You appear to have four lines going from the injection pump - one for each injector. The tractor was manufactured from 1994 to 2003. I think it unlikely there is any emission control. A further indicator would be the throttle. If you have a mechanical throttle as opposed to computer controlled it is even less likely to have any emission control.

You are misinformed. You can go to the New Holland online parts lookup and see the various parts diagrams for emissionized and non emissionized 6610S engine components. All Tier I and II as well as the vast majority of Tier III compliant off-road diesel engines use conventional mechanical injection pumps.

Last edited:
   / NH 6610S Emissions
Thanks for input - the more I look at the parts diagrams and other info the more confused I become. Bought the tractor about 3 weeks ago. Have a shop manual but they have very limited info (same situation with other Fords I‘be had). Was buying filter and other parts to include operators manual - not sure what to order on several items.

/ NH 6610S Emissions
Thanks for input - the more I look at the parts diagrams and other info the more confused I become. Bought the tractor about 3 weeks ago. Have a shop manual but they have very limited info (same situation with other Fords I礎e had). Was buying filter and other parts to include operators manual - not sure what to order on several items.

/ NH 6610S Emissions
It has mechanical throttle.