NH 757c B Hoe bushings

/ NH 757c B Hoe bushings #1  

LOOPHOLE

Silver Member
Tractor
140 Farmall w/belly mower NH 1925 FEL/BH
:confused: I have searched several old threads on replacing boom bushings on bhoes. Does anyone know if the NH 757c has drive out bushings or welded in type ? Purchased main boom lower pin and bushings from dealer,he said he knew what I needed. Parts diagram shows bushing on each end of pin & spacer in middle. Mine looks to have 1 long bushing & no spacer . How does that rascal come out ? Do I need to purchase spacers also ?

/ NH 757c B Hoe bushings
Am I the only person with a NH 757c bhoe bushing problem ? Surely someone has tackled this before .

/ NH 757c B Hoe bushings #3  
Sounds like we're in a similar situation.

My 757c was under maintained by the PO, and the main bushing is rusted/seized to the arm. It will pivot, but even a grade 8 bolt thru the retainer snaps like a twig when you manipulate the arm.

I've tried heating, banging, pulling, penetrant oil, everything... and it's not coming out. I've been successful getting some of the others out that were not as bad by tapping them out with a drift - but you need to be careful not to expand the end of the bushing while doing all that hammering... no way it will ever fit thru the opening if the end is flared out.

I'll take some pics of my issues later today to illustrate what I'm talking about.

F

/ NH 757c B Hoe bushings #4  
Loop, can you post a pic of the bushing? I did them on my older ford hoe. The book shows the happy tech tapping them out with a driver and a small hammer. yeah - right! The shop needed a portapower with 10 ton to get them out. I don't think ford ever went to weld in bushings. The heat would take the temper out of them. But who knows with fords famous "better ideas"!

fflmlf, Have you heated it up all the way to red hot? Usually that will do the trick. After it cools us the GM heat pipe penetrant. Comes in a blue spray can. It's the best stuff I have ever used. PB blaster is a distant second.