NH T1510 PTO Guard/Cover

/ NH T1510 PTO Guard/Cover #1  

bkenobi

Silver Member
Tractor
NH T1510
After using the rotary cutter the other day, I realized I left the PTO cover/guard on the deck when I headed out. I found that these aren't generic as I'd assumed so can and was planning on picking up a new one from the dealership next time I go past when they are open. However, when I was walking the field this afternoon I somehow was able to find the old one and it's in remarkably good condition. Apparently the soft ground meant that when I ran it over it just got embedded.

Does anyone know if these are thermoplastic or thermoset? If I can heat this up and get it back to round, I'd keep using this one until I loose it next time. If not I'll just order a new one. This one is not terrible and with a little effort I can probably use as is. Just curious of experiences with plastic PTO covers.

Alternately, are there other options that would fit? I was a bit surprised when the dealer was at $31 for what looks like a throwaway $1 item only used for delivery.

For reference:
SBA378110021

I know it's the same part on the NH TC, T, and Boomer series tractors. It appears to also be compatible with the following per AVSPart.com (similar list on Messicks):

D25
D29
D33
D35
D40
D45
DX21
DX23
DX24
DX25
DX26
DX29
DX31
DX33
DX34
DX35
DX40
DX45
DX48
DX55
DX60
FARMALL 31
FARMALL 35
FARMALL 40
FARMALL 45
FARMALL 50
FARMALL 55
FARMALL 60

/ NH T1510 PTO Guard/Cover
I decided to boil some water and give it a go. The part doesn't melt at ~200°F so it's not the same PVC in schedule 40 pipes. It seemed to relax a little and mostly get back to round and after a little persuasion I got it pretty darn close. Threaded back on ok and will work until next time.