NH TC30 Stuck in Low

/ NH TC30 Stuck in Low #1  

ceaster

Tractor
Branson 4720Ch
Hi All,

I'm looking for any pointers on my shifting problem. I have a 2007 TC30 with a manual transmission. It's stuck in the low range gear. I can't even get it to go into neutral on the H-M-L shifter. When I say stuck I mean the lever moves just fine and I hear the click between gear shifts but it doesn't affect it at all. I checked the external linkage and it seems to be moving properly. The clutch appears to be working fine in the low gears, it doesn't feel as if it's slipping and disengages normally.

As it stands as long as I don't mind crawling then it seems to function normally.

Any ideas where to start looking on this problem?

Thanks,
Chris

/ NH TC30 Stuck in Low #2  
Maybe the shifting linkage is bent?

/ NH TC30 Stuck in Low
Good thought, I tried disconnecting it and moving it by hand still clicks into position, but does not fall out of gear or to any other gear. Thanks!

/ NH TC30 Stuck in Low #4  
If it isn't the shifting linkage itself, then it sounds like the transmission is stuck in a gear inside. I had that problem all the time in an old MF165. I had to unscrew an inspection hole next to the shift leaver and move the shifting mechanism inside the transmission with a long screw driver.

/ NH TC30 Stuck in Low
Thanks DieselMonk, I cracked the transmission open due to another members advice and found the shifter fork is sheared. So it looks like I'll be splitting the tractor and hoping for the best. I really appreciate the help.

/ NH TC30 Stuck in Low
Just so this thread can be put to bed, I replaced the shifter fork and wanted to mention for any DIY'ers out there that the only tricky part to the removal/installation that you'd only find int he service manual is there is a flat spot on the PTO shaft that has to be rotated in order for it to completely separate.

Thanks for everyone's support.

/ NH TC30 Stuck in Low #7  
I’m trying to replace that same fork and I can’t get the tractor to split