NH TC35D died wont crank

/ NH TC35D died wont crank #1  

tractorblue

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D
Thought after 17 yrs and 1700hrs I knew what to troubleshoot. Was mowing fine after 3hr suddenly started to run out of power so I quickly turned the key off. (thought I may be running out of fuel since my fuel gauge does'nt work). Filled it up.... found out it still had plenty of fuel maybe 1/3 tank. When I tried to start it it would not crank at all, not even a click. Checked all the fuses including 40amp master fuse. Lights work, brake and glow plug lamps work. Now I do have an intermitent key switch that you have to hold in just right to start...normally will crank after several attempts... so I change it out to an old spare and still no luck. ALL my safety switches have been bypassed over the years so that takes that out of the equation. I tighten the battery cables (battery is only 2 yrs old). Pretty perplexed what would cause it to die in the first place. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance!

/ NH TC35D died wont crank
so checked fuses again; blowing #2 fuse which calls for a 8amp circuit breaker but I've always used a 10amp fuse. Every time I turn the ignition key it blows the fuse... just went through 2 fuses. The operators manual says the #2 is for "operator safety system, fuel solenoid, cruise control." So now I suspect its the fuel solenoid, which would likely explain it suddenly loosing power. Suggestions on how to troubleshoot the fuel solenoid? Thanks!