NH TC45 fwd & 7FT KingKutter Med duty cutter

/ NH TC45 fwd & 7FT KingKutter Med duty cutter #2  
yeah it will work for a while- your better off picking up a heavier unit landpride, gearmore etc. I have a couple of customers who purchased the same mower you speak of. they both have landpride rcr1872 with chain gaurds and shearbolt drivelines, now.

/ NH TC45 fwd & 7FT KingKutter Med duty cutter #3  
The 45 should run the 7' fine. If it is a dual tail wheel job it will be even nice. The other poster is refering to the possible lower quality of some of the KK units.

If you are looking for this as a comercial unit.. I too might go a bit beefier ont he mower.. however as a home/estate tractor.. should be fine.. unless you are mowing a steady diet of 2" sapplings.

I picked up a howse HD 10' cutter for my 7610s.. way more tractor than mower.. and I don't baby it either.. the mower is holding up fine.. even taking out a fence post.. or chewing up rocks.. flattening out 2' tall ant mounds hidden in the weeds.. etc.

Soundguy

/ NH TC45 fwd & 7FT KingKutter Med duty cutter
Thanks to both replies. I have pretty well leveled the playing field with my old ford 850 and very old 5 ft hd mohawk. Most of the rocks have been shredded.Now i have 20 acres of rolling grassland. Rocks still are pushed up during the colder months.I am still wondering if the tc will have any problem with lifting. wayne

/ NH TC45 fwd & 7FT KingKutter Med duty cutter #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am still wondering if the tc will have any problem with lifting. )</font>

Do you mean lifting the 7' mower? I don't think you will have any problem at all lifting that mower. If you want to drive long distances down the road or across your pasture, I'd recommend leaving the tailwheel on the ground just because it will take a lot of pressure off the 3PH. Also, if you don't have weight on the front of the tractor, the 7' cutter will make you light on your front wheels. That's why many folks mow with the loader on.

There are two areas I know of that would concern me about the KK. When you lift it all the way up with the 3PH, the geometry of that cutter with the float attachment will make the mower frame hit the rear wheels. Just experiment and find out how high you can raise the cutter.

Another thing is the hp of the gearbox. Even though the TC45 has less than 40 hp at the PTO, I'd want a 60 hp gearbox for the long run, especially on a 7' cutter. I don't think a 40 hp gearbox will hold up that long. My 5' TSC KK cutter had a failure of the gearbox just this last year. It was 5 years old, but I don't think it was really strong enough for the TC45.

I hope you enjoy your tractor. I think the TC45 is a great sized tractor for 20 acres. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ NH TC45 fwd & 7FT KingKutter Med duty cutter #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( don't think you will have any problem at all lifting that mower )</font>

My 1920 lifted 1800 or so pounds.. so that 45 should have no problems.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( if you don't have weight on the front of the tractor, the 7' cutter will make you light on your front wheels. )</font>

Good point.. Even on my big 7610 and a 10' mower.. I've got a huge plate counterweight.. and need it.

Perhaps he can get some suitcase weights from a salvage yard?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( geometry of that cutter with the float attachment will make the mower frame hit the rear wheels. )</font>
Probably a bit different form machine to machine.. depending on the mower. My 1920 never had issues with the mower in
the wheels.. in any setting on the 3pt, even with the toplink extra short.. or lengthened. Still.. something to watch out for and get used to.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 5' TSC KK cutter had a failure of the gearbox just this last year. It was 5 years old, but I don't think it was really strong enough for the TC45.
)</font>

I think that 5' cutter behing that 45 was way overkill.. way to much tractor... Couldn't even mow it's own footprint..

Soundguy

/ NH TC45 fwd & 7FT KingKutter Med duty cutter
jinman are you coming to the justin vfd fish fry this sat 4.30 to 7.00 ,if so ask for pete mitchell and he will direct you to me. I am coming with calvin peterson. your comments have been exactly what i wanted to hear. At the time of purchase i also got a landpride quick attach that is too narrow for the first implement that i tried to hookup,approx. 1 inch. any thoughts? wayne

/ NH TC45 fwd & 7FT KingKutter Med duty cutter #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think that 5' cutter behing that 45 was way overkill.. way to much tractor... Couldn't even mow it's own footprint.. )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
You haven't seen my woods, Soundguy. The 5' cutter ensures that if my tractor's wheels fit between trees, I don't have to worry about the mower following. I'd love to have a 6' or 7' cutter, but I'd either rip up my trees or destroy the cutter. Actually, the way my tractor is set up, the wheels are only 68" side-to-side. So my tractor is slightly less than 6' wide.

Now, if I were finish mowing my 3 or 4 open acres, I'd buy a RFM at least 6' wide and stay out of my trees with it.

I also have a 5' boxblade and a 5-1/2' boxblade. This is stuff I've had for a long time before I bought the TC45D. My loader bucket is the only 6' implement I have. I take it off when I mow and the 5' cutter allows me to mow with no front weights needed.

Check out the photo of my tractor sitting in my driveway. This is one of the more open areas. I won't clear out anymore trees because I like the "visitors" that come out into the open from time to time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 517062-TurkeyCrossing2.jpg
    517062-TurkeyCrossing2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 136
   / NH TC45 fwd & 7FT KingKutter Med duty cutter #9  
These guys like to follow my mowed trails and so do the deer. They are never far from the woods, but if you make a trail, they will follow it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 517065-TurkeyCrossing3.jpg
    517065-TurkeyCrossing3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 139
   / NH TC45 fwd & 7FT KingKutter Med duty cutter #10  
Just one last photo for braggin' rights. Someone told me these wild turkeys are pretty darn good to fry. Hmm... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Disclaimer: This photo is about tractors and trees. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 517068-TurkeyCrossing1.jpg
    517068-TurkeyCrossing1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 150