Nice Carry-All Project Completed

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed #1  

shawnrogan

Tractor
Kioti CK30
Thanks to those who have posted their own projects and especially Wilson Outdoors for a few great videos on the subject. I finally decided to build my own carry-all for my Kioti CK30. I wanted to have fixed side boards so that they would take the weight/abuse of firewood and rocks bouncing around since I live in some pretty rugged country.
I installed a drop away tailgate that I hope will allow easy dumping, and installed a few of the ideas that I've seen others do such as chain storage, tool storage, chainsaw scabbard, and eyelet bolts for lots of tie down points. Have not added up the expenses yet but I think that I spent around $250-300.

Hope that this helps some who may be planning a similar project,

Regards,
Shawn

Attachments

• tractor 020.jpg
    tractor 020.jpg
    559.7 KB · Views: 5,200
  • tractor 018.jpg
    tractor 018.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 6,590
  • tractor 013.jpg
    tractor 013.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 3,417
  • tractor 011.jpg
    tractor 011.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 4,348
   / Nice Carry-All Project Completed #2  
NICE!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

David

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed #3  
Wow, that is so cool! Excellent job!!

I'm new to the forums here, so pardon a question probably asked and answered a hundred times before... did you make the three point frame thing or were you able to find one? If so, where? Not sure I'm handy enough to really take something like this on, but in case I get really bored and brave this winter, you never know. :)

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed #4  
Wow, that is so cool! Excellent job!!

I'm new to the forums here, so pardon a question probably asked and answered a hundred times before... did you make the three point frame thing or were you able to find one? If so, where? Not sure I'm handy enough to really take something like this on, but in case I get really bored and brave this winter, you never know. :)

While you could fairly easily make the metal frame, they are available at Tractor supply or thousands of of other tractor implement retailers. Typically they are about $100 or so.

CountyLine Carry All - 2128210 | Tractor Supply Company

James K0UA

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed #5  
VERY nice job !! I was planning on building a carrier for my tractor but now I've got a much better idea of what I need to do. Never thought of all the extra storage holders ! Great job and thanks for posting !!:thumbsup:

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed #6  
Thanks for the pointer James.

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed
Go to youtube and search for "Wilson Outdoors". They have a really nice 6 part video series on building this carry-all. Each clip is less than 2-3 minutes long and I used their ideas as a starting point for this project. Can't wait to try it out this weekend!
Please let me know if anyone has any questions on this project as it was a blast to build. Took me about 8 hours over the last two mornings before work.
Shawn

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed #8  
Nice job -- the one thing I found to be a great addition on mine was a set of HF casters mounted to the bottom so I can roll it around full or empty -- just a thought:thumbsup:

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed
Will those casters work on dirt? I dont have a garage floor available for long term storage. Was going to store on a pallet and cover with a tarp....

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed #10  
They don't work great on dirt but they do work enough to help move it around. I use my carry all as storage in the winter - it goes in the outbuilding and holds a whole bunch of logging and gardening tools:eek: