Nice Carry-All Project Completed

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed
Put the carry-all on the tractor yesterday and it worked great! May replace the toolbox with a few eyebolts so I can carry a small cooler in place of the tool box. I did find a problem with the angle of the wood on the chain holder. At some point, as you raise the 3 pt. it contacts the box on the top edge. I'll remove the box and make the taper of the sidea a little more steep. This should allow plenty of pivot room.
Loaded it FULL of hardwoos logs and it was great. Only thing that I can think of to add is a double action hyraulic ram in place of the top link that would allow it to fully dump!

Last edited:
   / Nice Carry-All Project Completed #12  
Nice job -- the one thing I found to be a great addition on mine was a set of HF casters mounted to the bottom so I can roll it around full or empty -- just a thought:thumbsup:

I have a large pair of casters on the rear end of mine to keep the end from dragging/ripping when using the carry-all with the sprayer. Low spots and ditches.

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed #13  
Very handy and it looks nice too. Do you have any twist in the top horizontal part of the steel frame (where the toplink attaches)? I ask because I bought one of those frames from a cheapo company and it's twisting.

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed #14  
Put the carry-all on the tractor yesterday and it worked great! May replace the toolbox with a few eyebolts so I can carry a small cooler in place of the tool box. I did find a problem with the angle of the wood on the chain holder. At some point, as you raise the 3 pt. it contacts the box on the top edge. I'll remove the box and make the taper of the sidea a little more steep. This should allow plenty of pivot room.
Loaded it FULL of hardwoos logs and it was great. Only thing that I can think of to add is a double action hyraulic ram in place of the top link that would allow it to fully dump!

Looks great!

Do you have the remotes to hook up the hydraulic top link ? that's the hard part. Finding the cylinder is easy.

Normally you look for one that gives a range of motion both ways, but if you just wanted it to dump your carry all, you would get one that give you just rearward travel for max dump ability.

JB

/ Nice Carry-All Project Completed
I have seen no twist in the frame at all. It was nice and straight.
I do not have the rear remotes on my tractor. I actually thought that I could tap into one of my hydraulic lines for my quick disconnects to my backhoe. I know nothing about hydraulics, so I'd have to contact my dealer for better ideas on this.
It was so convenient to have the chainsaw, chains, and other tools with me as I drove around the property. I'd stop and load the bucket with item #4 for filling potholes, grab the gravel rake from the carry-all, notice a nice tree leaning over the driveway, cut some firewood......you get the picture.
I am in the process of having a subframe mount welded up that will allow me to add a manual angle Myers plow and still leave the loader on, and this carry-all will be a perfect ballast weight. Maybe add a barrel full of sand for extra weight. Was even thinking about installing a sander on the back of the bed by the tailgate. Boy, these tractors are a blast!!!