Nice little beginner welder

/ Nice little beginner welder #11  
Ya or buy two for parts
And because of the warranty, you can wait 4 years before you need to buy that spare.

Maybe the spare will cost even less, by then!

And buying that will start another 4 year warranty. What's not to like? :)

Last edited:
   / Nice little beginner welder #12  
I've seen good reviews on the Tooliom welders.

I think the time has finally come when really inexpensive welders from China are at least HF quality at minimum, and considerably less expensive than HF for comparable features. And prices are dropping continually.

I see only $15 additional to add a 4 year warranty on the $99 195 amp version. That's crazy cheap for 4 years of use!
Given how Chinese companies come and go will they even be there should you need to use that "warranty"? Of course, for that price you could just toss it if/when something breaks and still come out ahead.

/ Nice little beginner welder
One of my first welders, clarke 131e arc welder 120v, 130 amp, Alot stronger than my 120 volt lincoln mig welder

Last edited:
   / Nice little beginner welder #14  
Given how Chinese companies come and go will they even be there should you need to use that "warranty"? Of course, for that price you could just toss it if/when something breaks and still come out ahead.
I called the unrelated company offering the extended warranty when I bought the similar Amico FC welder. It seemed too good to be true. They said the warranty includes replacement with something comparable if that's what it takes for you to have continuous service.

And I asked if they had many warranty claims on the cheap welders. She said rarely. She could have said lots of them fail so I need a warranty but she didn't say that.

Bought a 1990 TRX300 like new with nipples still on new tires, A lady flipped it and cracked front fender, Heated garage stored, Got it for 2600$, Anyways im going to try and weld it this way.

DSC02131_50.jpg

Attachments

• fefc0fea-123e-44cb-b2cd-3ee7f2341ae2.jpg
    fefc0fea-123e-44cb-b2cd-3ee7f2341ae2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Or new fender 500$

118906_1.jpg

The clutch basket and crank gear of the trx300 can fit on a honda 400-450 and I think 500, not sure, It lowers the gear ratio 35%

Last edited:
Nice score. Did you “weld” that plastic yet? I’m curious about how the plastic welding works out. My old Grizzly has some cracked plastic, I have thought about the plastic welding for it.
Thanks,
Mike
No waiting for a nice day, Bought plastics once that had similar welds, Now I know how it was done