Nice Winch need mounting plate to fit RTV900

/ Nice Winch need mounting plate to fit RTV900 #2  
looks like a super winch copy if so i burned up a 2500 super winch trying to pull out my hpx when i first got it i don't know how the 3k's are but for 89 bucks i guess it's worth a try. and the rtv's are heavier than the hpx so you might wanna look at a different winch just a sugestion

/ Nice Winch need mounting plate to fit RTV900 #3  
Leon,

Will the Harbor Freight winch fit the new 08 Polaris Crew cab?? Is there some special mounting brackets that I should go with from Polaris to mount it?? What's the best way to go? I really don't want to have to do any customizing. Thanks

/ Nice Winch need mounting plate to fit RTV900 #4  
Tommy,

Give me your opinion of some easy mounted, good winches if you would.

/ Nice Winch need mounting plate to fit RTV900 #5  
Sorry to keep posting, i keep thinking of things........On my 4 wheeler i put a winch that is trailer hitch receiver type that you can quickly pull out of the front receiver and put in the rear......Wonder if that'd be a good way to go?

/ Nice Winch need mounting plate to fit RTV900
Winch motors are like a starter on a car the manufacture tells you to run for one minute and then let it cool down. A car starter will burn up if you keep cranking on it with out a stop. I suspect you can burn all of them up no matter how much they cost.

/ Nice Winch need mounting plate to fit RTV900 #7  
Leon, I'm not really sure you'd really want to put basically the cheapest winch made on your RTV. Chicago Electric is not exactly known for "quality". If you ever get stuck in your RTV, I don't think you'd be happy when you then discover that the cheapest winch is the cheapest for a reason.

There are some things I wouldn't suggest going cheap on. An item that may very well make the difference between a long walk and a long day just isn't one that I'd go with the cheapest available on. If it was something that wouldn't really matter when it breaks the first time you use it, then it may be worth the risk. But with something that can be as important as a winch...I'd pass on cheapo there.

I am 68 years old and do not think I will have this in any rough places where I will need to walk out. Most of my use will be pulling limbs and trees and doing work around the 21 acre place I have in Montana. I plan on doing some weed spraying and using to run to the mail box and to get me and my wife of 47 years down to the stream for alittle fishing. I probably could get along with out the winch but it would be nice to have. Ramsey winches are more than my fife wants me to spend after puting out $12,000 for my new machine. Thanks for the advise though if I can not get this one mounted I will return it to Harbor Freight.

/ Nice Winch need mounting plate to fit RTV900 #9  
Leon look up venom winches on ebay. As I recall they have a 4k winch with a mount that fits in a 2" reciever and wiring all included. Pretty cheap too as I recall.

I checked them out and I have seen discussions that the 11/4 inch receiver on the RTV would probably not support the 3,000lb load. If it were to pull at an angle I think it would damage the machine.