Nichols Trailers

/ Nichols Trailers #1  

farmboy12

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900 FEL; New Holland TC30 MMM; Ford 1620; Ford 1520 MMM; John Deere X740; John Deere 455 MMM; Craftsman 19.5hp;;;;; Antiques: 1946 John Deere B; 1951 John Deere MT; 1952 Allis Chalmers B; 1967 International 140
   / Nichols Trailers #2  
This is something I found on page 51 of this forum. In other words, it is a very old post. But these guys look like they make pretty good equipment trailer, and ATV trailers.

|| Nichols Trailers of Wilton, Maine || Welcome! ||

farmboy12,

You are correct about the quality of the Nichols trailers, they are very rugged and well built. The original owner's son and I worked together for 23 years and his dad built these trailers by himself for many years. He's now sold the business, but the quality of each build remains the same. Dyer, retired

/ Nichols Trailers #3  
They've got some really cool trailers. Stuff I've never seen before. Check out the swamp donkey and the 3x6 tandem axle dump.

/ Nichols Trailers
Believe it or not, thos are the exact ones I was think I would like the most. Even before you said that! Also, I think they would look good behind a my truck riding on a Nichols gooseneck. :D;):eek::p:eek::):rolleyes::cool:

/ Nichols Trailers #5  
The place they build them is a couple miles from me.Very quality minded.The original owner did well ,years ago,out on the main road,lots of folks bought from him.
ALAN

/ Nichols Trailers #6  
They weren't set-up at the Fryeburg Fair this year with their display. Did they just sell out and the new owners chose not to exhibit? I was looking for a trailer and hoped to see them.

/ Nichols Trailers #7  
They weren't set-up at the Fryeburg Fair this year with their display. Did they just sell out and the new owners chose not to exhibit? I was looking for a trailer and hoped to see them.

It was in the paper that the nichols building[old BASS FACTORY] was for sale.They are still making trailers ,as far as i know.They only used a very small portion of the facility,leased out the rest to other business.They have had a very large sportsman show there for several years ,in the spring.Ihope that continues.

ALAN

/ Nichols Trailers #8  

Hey Guys,
Sorry you missed us at Fryburg this year. We are still building trailers at the Wilton shop and if there is anything we can do for you guys let us know. I've got a 3x6 single in stock(black). Thanks for noticing the work our guys do to make our trailers the best in the biz. They are the reason we can give a 10 year warranty on our stuff.

/ Nichols Trailers #9  
Hey Guys,
Sorry you missed us at Fryburg this year. We are still building trailers at the Wilton shop and if there is anything we can do for you guys let us know. I've got a 3x6 single in stock(black). Thanks for noticing the work our guys do to make our trailers the best in the biz. They are the reason we can give a 10 year warranty on our stuff.

What happened to your website?...:confused:

/ Nichols Trailers #10  
I have heard that Nichols went under, but have yet to have it confirmed. I'll ask around locally and see if I can confirm it.