Nitrogen In Vehicle Tires?

/ Nitrogen In Vehicle Tires? #11  
Are you running summer or winter nitrogen? :D

I use the mix. Some spring summer and fall nitrogen in the mix for sure. Winter nitrogen would probably be best, with less water vapor in the mix, but you gotta do what you gotta do. :) I suspect with the oxygen constantly migrating out of the tires, over time the nitrogen content is much higher than the normal 78 percent.

/ Nitrogen In Vehicle Tires? #12  
AH, HA - - James is running that new product that is all the rage with the kids and their street racers. Nitrogen, water vapor, bit of argon, tad of helium - I think they call it AIR. And I bet he has great contacts and is getting it at a reduced rate. He probably has an unlimited supply, squirreled away, there at his house.

/ Nitrogen In Vehicle Tires? #13  
It is just a way to sell road hazard insurance.
People shy away from insurance but they will go for buying nitrogen that includes "free" road hazard insurance.

/ Nitrogen In Vehicle Tires? #14  
tad of helium

I'm running the nitrogen/helium mix in my quad cab diesel pickup. The helium option reduces weight which increases my max tow capacity. :D

/ Nitrogen In Vehicle Tires? #15  
AH, HA - - James is running that new product that is all the rage with the kids and their street racers. Nitrogen, water vapor, bit of argon, tad of helium - I think they call it AIR. And I bet he has great contacts and is getting it at a reduced rate. He probably has an unlimited supply, squirreled away, there at his house.

Check this out.... I have my own compressor.. whoo-hoo!

/ Nitrogen In Vehicle Tires? #16  
Nitrogen supposedly would have less pressure gain from temperature increases but I couldn't quantify that as a reality

It doesn't. It's behavior can be described by the very same gas laws as everything else PV=nRT.

/ Nitrogen In Vehicle Tires? #17  

Me too. Now if I just had a supply of blinker fluid and muffler bearings...:rolleyes:

/ Nitrogen In Vehicle Tires? #18  

One of these days I need to figure out how to make my own ice. Getting too expensive to buy it in the store. :laughing:

/ Nitrogen In Vehicle Tires? #19  
Another claim sometimes seen is that the nitrogen preserves the inside rubber of the tire better than air.

I once dismounted a really old tire, probably 30+ years, that still held pressure. The inside of that tire looked and felt new.

Bruce

/ Nitrogen In Vehicle Tires? #20  
Do the valve stems suffer less wear and tear with nitrogen flowing through them?