Oil & Fuel no fuel at injectors

/ no fuel at injectors #1  

RDS Ferguson

We have a 4 cylinder Perkins with a CAV distributor injector pump, we have bled the fuel lines and the pump bleeders of all of the air and can not get fuel at the injectors. The fuel arm is wide open and the shut off is open to allow fuel to flow. Is it possible to have the shut off link inside the pump come off?

/ no fuel at injectors #2  
Have you bled the high pressure injector lines themselves ?, you'll need to.

Once you've bled to the pump, crack the lines at the injectors and crank the engine over.

Might take 2-3 tries, crank 10 sec, let rest for 30 sec.

/ no fuel at injectors
We did open the lines one at a time while turning the engine over no fuel or foam, then we tried opening all of the lines and the same results. It is like the fuel is shut off inside the pump control housing.
I have not had a shut off rod stick in the off position before. If we open the throttle all the way should we feel a resistance in the shut off if we try and close the shut off?

/ no fuel at injectors #4  
We did open the lines one at a time while turning the engine over no fuel or foam, then we tried opening all of the lines and the same results.
How much cranking was done while the lines were cracked open ?

If we open the throttle all the way should we feel a resistance in the shut off if we try and close the shut off ?
I could be wrong, but I don't believe so.

/ no fuel at injectors
We cranked with the lines open one at a time for about 30 seconds at a time and did this about 10 times.
I have fuel from the lift pump to the bleed screws on the injector pump with no air. We have good return line fuel flow, just no fuel to the injectors. That is why I was thinking it could be the shut off rod stuck or off inside the control housing.
I can not think of another reason, the tractor worked fine plowed a small field 1 acre, then was put up in the barn. The next morning the tractor would not start. I can run the engine on WD 40 through the intake, so I know it is just a lack of fuel & pressure to the injectors

/ no fuel at injectors #6  
Sounds like you might have to pop the top on it and see.

Careful, you can mess stuff up here.

/ no fuel at injectors
I have worked on Diesel engines for many years but never had to open up the top of a control box. I just can't think of any other reason for no fuel at the injectors unless the pump is not turning.
If it get's to complicated I will just pull it and put it in the shop, just can not think of why it would run and then just not work at all overnight.
I have seen other responses as to note the hole the spring is in when the top is pulled. Mybe the kill lever is stripped on the shaft and it is just not opening! Will check this after work.

/ no fuel at injectors #8  
G'day it is very unlikely that the shutoff likage has come adrift it id more likely that the scroll in the head has prob worn and has stuck the best thing to do is to pull the pump and have it o/hauled by a good shop. It needs to be done in the shop as they need to be calibrated

Jon

/ no fuel at injectors
We pulled the inlet nut to check the internal filter screen and found the regulating spring is broken, the regulating cap was stuck in the spring and the pump was getting fuel but was not able to build any pressure with this spring broken. We are getting a new spring and regulating piston assembly today and will try again tonight. If this does not do it we will be pulling the pump and sending to the shop.
The tractor is a 1966 with the original pump so I guess the spring only could take so many years of work before it broke.
Thanks for the reply!

/ no fuel at injectors
Found the problem! The stop lever arm was disconnected under the cap and was in the stop position which cut off the fuel. The pivot pin on the end of the control shaft was worn and allowed the lever to slip out. replaced the pivot shaft and works fine.