No Hydraulics on KAMA 354X

/ No Hydraulics on KAMA 354X #1  

Woodsman1234

Tractor
KAMA 354X 3 cylinder
A few months ago I had to replace the hydraulic pump on my KAMA when my son was bush hogging for me. He evidently ran over a sapling that popped a quick disconnect fitting that was ~10" from the pressure outlet of the pump and the pump cracked. We tried to use the tractor today and I have no hydraulics at all. The reservoir is full, the on\off valve is on but we get no pressure. Any Help?

Thanks

/ No Hydraulics on KAMA 354X #2  
When the old pump deadheaded and split, it may have also torn up the drive tang and socket. If the socket in the engine is wrecked, the new pump may not be turning. That's one possibility. I am not aware of an on/off valve for a hydraulic system - at least my Jinma doesn't any such thing as far as I know. Have you pulled the discharge line from the new pump to ascertain if it is pumping fluid?

Another possibility is that the pump is set up for the wrong rotation. It has to do with ow the gears are set up in pump, I think. Pumps intended for use on the rear drive by the PTO shaft on Jinma tractors run opposite from the main hydraulic pump. If your pump was somehow set up backwards it will not pump. I'd suggest calling the vendor where yo got it and seeing what they can advise.

/ No Hydraulics on KAMA 354X
My KAMA has a small lever that would be directly behind my left foot if I was sitting in the seat that turns the hydraulics completely off when pushed down. I thought the Jinma's had the lever also but is cut off short to keep from accidently turning off the hydraulics. I'll check the rotation again tomorrow.
Thank You
When the old pump deadheaded and split, it may have also torn up the drive tang and socket. If the socket in the engine is wrecked, the new pump may not be turning. That's one possibility. I am not aware of an on/off valve for a hydraulic system - at least my Jinma doesn't any such thing as far as I know. Have you pulled the discharge line from the new pump to ascertain if it is pumping fluid?

Another possibility is that the pump is set up for the wrong rotation. It has to do with ow the gears are set up in pump, I think. Pumps intended for use on the rear drive by the PTO shaft on Jinma tractors run opposite from the main hydraulic pump. If your pump was somehow set up backwards it will not pump. I'd suggest calling the vendor where yo got it and seeing what they can advise.

/ No Hydraulics on KAMA 354X #4  
My KAMA has a small lever that would be directly behind my left foot if I was sitting in the seat that turns the hydraulics completely off when pushed down. I thought the Jinma's had the lever also but is cut off short to keep from accidently turning off the hydraulics. I'll check the rotation again tomorrow.
Thank You

That sounds like the lever that disengages the PTO on my Jinma. Is this a PTO mount hydraulic pump?

/ No Hydraulics on KAMA 354X #5  
I'm assuming that the hydraulics worked after you replaced the pump. Is your pump mounted on the rear of the tractor above the PTO and disengages with the PTO when fully depressing the clutch?

It could be pump not turning, pump suction blockage, remote valve actuated (e.g. you have a log splitter hooked up with a bungee on the lever or the lever in detent), valve actuated to dead end and running to relief (the engine should lug a little if that's the case) blown seals in the pump, quick connects not fully attached, etc.

The little lever turns off or on all of the hydraulics. The pump is mounted on the rear on it's own shaft above the PTO. I have a lever next to the seat on the left that has three settings-down and up control the speed of the PTO. Center position turns the PTO off but I can still use my FEL.
That sounds like the lever that disengages the PTO on my Jinma. Is this a PTO mount hydraulic pump?

/ No Hydraulics on KAMA 354X #7  
Does you pump look like the picture below? It mounts with 4 bolts above the PTO shaft and engages the PTO Auxiliary shaft.
PumponPTOAuxShaft.jpg

/ No Hydraulics on KAMA 354X #8  
Aha! If the pump is mounted on the auxiliary PTO shaft then it turns the opposite of a regular engine-mounted pump. Is it possible that the vendor sent you one meant for for engine mount? If so you may need to swap the gears around to get it to work running backwards. Brad Blazer can probably help you with this better than I can.

/ No Hydraulics on KAMA 354X #9  
I had a TSC354 with loader, pretty close to what you've got. Sounds to be one of two things; the pump's not pumping, or the PTO's not turning the pump. It would be too messy simply to remove the pressure side hose from the pump. I'd start by opening the first QD coupling after the pump. You'd be on the right side of the tractor, and end up with 1/2 of the coupling in either hand. Take two wrenches to the one in your left hand and remove the fitting so that you end up with an open hose end. Get a 5 gallon bucket with some means to deflect the splashback if/when high pressure fluid hits the bottom of the bucket. The hose may whip around too, so this is a two person job. One hold the hose in the pail, the other start the tractor and engage the PTO pump lever. Tell us if you have pressure, and we'll pick it up from there.

//greg//

I think I have traced the problem back to the internal mechanism that operates the mechanism that turns the pump shaft on and off. I took the pump off (located above the PTO output shaft) and the pump shaft doesn't turn at all when I crank the engine. The shaft has a bladed end and I can turn the shaft with a crescent wrench with no resistance.
My operation manual lists the tractor as a TS 354 but I don't know if the internals are the same. If anyone has an exploded diagram for the internal hydraulic linkage, I would sure appreciate a copy.

Thank for your help on this Thanksgiving weekend and I hope everyone had a great day.