No more arc welding

/ No more arc welding #21  
BobRip said:
That's my plan. I have been reading more about the Henrob and it looks very interesting.

It is alright to store gas cylinders in an attached garage, or would it be better to put them in the shed?

I've stored my tanks in an attached garage, a garage attached by a breezeway, and an unattached garage. However, I never use my torches indoors, always out in the driveway with a fire extinguisher or pressurized garden hose available. And if I'm not going to be using them for a week or so, I pull the regulators and put the safety caps back on the valve stems. Gasoline bothers me much more than the torch tanks. I keep the gas in an unattached garage.

/ No more arc welding #22  
MossRoad said:
I've stored my tanks in an attached garage, a garage attached by a breezeway, and an unattached garage. However, I never use my torches indoors, always out in the driveway with a fire extinguisher or pressurized garden hose available. And if I'm not going to be using them for a week or so, I pull the regulators and put the safety caps back on the valve stems. Gasoline bothers me much more than the torch tanks. I keep the gas in an unattached garage.
I can relate. It also makes me very nervous. At the moment I keep my cans in the garage spouts pointed away from PT, or tractors exhaust, toward the walls. It still gives me uneasy feeling with cans sitting out there all night.

My shed is too small it's damp and moist. I don't want the moisture getting into the gas cans or polluting them. When I do expand my shed out in the back woods. I’ll use the PT to make better irrigation around it, put in vents, along with some sort of fan solar or other wise to keep it drier inside. Hopefully then I can keep my gas can's out there.

/ No more arc welding #23  
I have three 6 Plus plastic cans from Blitz.

Blitz USA: Fuel Containment and Accessories

I bought them before the Y2K scare so they are over 7 years old and not a hint of failure. I usually keep them full all year, as I have a generator and want a good supply in case of power outages, which are more frequent in our neighborhood than I care for. :rolleyes: I just put a dose of Stabil in there and have never had a problem with water or bad fuel during the winter, when I can store it for up to 5 or 6 months before usage.

/ No more arc welding
I was really talking about welding cylinders, not gas cans. It OK though.

/ No more arc welding #25  
It is a nice wish, but no luck.

All arcs are a problem for electronics. Pacemakers just happen to be especially sensitive. They have nice long wires to the heart, and very small voltages to trigger and regulate the heart beat.

Welcome to the gas welders club, Bob!

That Henrod torch looks really cool, and it would have to be, or your gloved hand would get pretty darn hot cutting 1" steel. It must have one heck of a great flame control.

All the best,

Peter

Gravy said:
Bob,

There *might* be some form of electrical welding that would be safe with your pacemaker. I'd really prefer that you let somebody else do the experimenting. You've contributed a bunch to this forum, and I would like to see that continue.

Gravy

/ No more arc welding
I just ordered the Henrob 2000. It should be here in a couple of days. Life is good.

/ No more arc welding #27  
BobRip said:
I just ordered the Henrob 2000. It should be here in a couple of days. Life is good.

Bob, if you don't mind me asking -- how expensive are they? The ability to both cut and weld would certainly be nice for someone who has neither capability...

/ No more arc welding #28  
BobRip said:
I was really talking about welding cylinders, not gas cans. It OK though.

I know. I was just posting what I use for gasoline, too. My Oxy and Acet. cylinders are chained in a very stable cart in our unattached garage. The oxy tank currently has its saftey guard on because I got it filled last week and haven't used it yet.

/ No more arc welding #29  
BobRip said:

Great. Can't wait to hear your opinion of it.:)

/ No more arc welding
MossRoad said:
Great. Can't wait to hear your opinion of it.:)

Trouble is I cannot do much till three weeks after the surgery. I will read the book and look at the DVD.