No More County Decals

/ No More County Decals #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
Finally, County Supervisors voted to not issue anymore county decals. Claim to save $36,000 in printing cost. Still, will add $20.00 to personal property taxes. Glad to not have to drive, stand in line and put that stupid decal on my windshield anymore. Yep, they still get the $20.00 for each car/truck.

mark

/ No More County Decals #2  
I sell labels for a living.

36K in printing costs??? You must have a few hundred thousand folks in your county otherwise they are blowing smoke up your wazoo.

/ No More County Decals #3  
they did away with the decals here last year. still pay for it though. i'm happy not to have to scrape the old one off and put the new one on every year.

the printing cost you're talking about probably included postage for mailing out the stickers.

/ No More County Decals #5  
County stickers?? what purpose where/are they for?? license plate isn't enough?? really just curious...

I still live in a relatively free country (Texas) and I have never heard of that, interesting.

Seems like a "no more stickers"= same cost, is another way to make a buck.

/ No More County Decals #6  
County stickers?? what purpose where/are they for?? license plate isn't enough?? really just curious...

I still live in a relatively free country (Texas) and I have never heard of that, interesting.

In Virginia you are required to pay a tax to the county for your vehicles when you buy it and each year there after, this is called a "personal property tax". Once you pay this tax you are permitted to buy a county sticker for the vehicle, this of course costs an extra $20. This county sticker is/was necessary to be legal on the road.
Now I guess you do not have to have the sticker, but you still have to pay the personal property tax and the $20 (for nothing) fee. You are right, eliminating the sticker is just a way to increase revenue for the county.
This tax always infuriated me and was one of a few reasons I left the state 14 years ago.
Don't get me wrong, Virginia is a beatiful place with wonderful people, but this subject has always angered me.

Mark

/ No More County Decals #7  
Doesn't Ohio still have the county stickers you have to buy for the license plate? No Personnal propertytax , but they did have a sticker. This sticker shows the county you live in. It let the local law know who was not local.

/ No More County Decals #8  
Doesn't Ohio still have the county stickers you have to buy for the license plate? No Personnal propertytax , but they did have a sticker. This sticker shows the county you live in. It let the local law know who was not local.

Yes, but these days it's just a number on the sticker. Each number represents a particular county.

/ No More County Decals #9  

It their version of the State vehicle registration sticker (aka tag renewal).

/ No More County Decals #10  
Our county did away with them over two years ago. Really the only issue that crops up for me is going to the landfill. I do a lot of cleanups. Now I have to spend an extra few seconds trying to find my drivers license. Before it was a wave through.

I hope for the remainder of the year, to curb my visits. It is getting expensive. But that is another topic.