No more V8 in F150?

/ No more V8 in F150? #12  
I was told by my Ford Dealership that V8s in F150s won't be available in a few short years. I sure hold they are wrong. Ford is pushing the ecoboost V6s down our throats. Towing capacity goes up in the same truck with the egoboost V6,
which is nonsense.

/ No more V8 in F150? #13  
As long as there is a V8 in the Mustang, you can better believe there will be one in the F-150. No V8 would kill Mustang sales overnight, what do you think it would do to F-150 sales? Not everyone is warmed up to the Ecoboost yet. The 2.7 seems promising though and not hearing the teething problems the 3.5 had.

/ No more V8 in F150? #14  
There is no replacement for displacement

In my mind this is a saying from the 70's and 80's before forced induction was mainstream.
I don't have a truck other than my '78 Chevy, but I quite like my turbo Suby.

I can understand the desire for a more simple engine, but those days are gone.
Unless you buy something from the 70's but then you will have 1/2 the power per liter compared to a modern engine.

/ No more V8 in F150? #15  
It's funny to note every Ford dealer I went to while looking at F-150's told me they'd stay away from the Eco-Boost and get the 5.0 V8. LOL.

/ No more V8 in F150? #16  
What the dealer says will closely match what he has on his lot available for sale today. If he is not that smart he is a third generation dealer that will be unable to pass anything on to his children.

/ No more V8 in F150? #17  
I sure hope that is not the case, Ford will lose the ethanol burners business if they do this. I geuss they are ruining the pickup more and more each year, starting with the backup assist garbage this year.

Eff ethanol and the horse it rides in on.

/ No more V8 in F150? #18  
Not to hijack this site but I have a V6 in my 2011 Mustang. It has about 40 horsepower more than my big block 454 cube (7.4 l) 1974 Corvette and only half the cubes at 227. 1.5 seconds quicker in the quarter also. I do miss the sound of the V8 but not the insurance.
Now back to the topic, displacement/torque can be of real value in a truck and in a gas motor that is generally with the V8s.

/ No more V8 in F150? #19  
I was told by my Ford Dealership that V8s in F150s won't be available in a few short years. I sure hold they are wrong. Ford is pushing the ecoboost V6s down our throats. Towing capacity goes up in the same truck with the egoboost V6,
which is nonsense.

The 3.5L ecoboost is used in the 3/4 and one ton vans. My 2011 3.5L ecoboost out-tows anything the the class.

/ No more V8 in F150? #20  
There is replacement for displacement and it's called turbo psi!