No Parking Brake Light On BX23!

/ No Parking Brake Light On BX23! #1  

HoggyB

Bronze Member
I can't believe there's no idiot light to remind you that the parking brake is set.

Has anyone jury-rigged one?

Or are they assuming that no one uses them, so why bother?

Hog

/ No Parking Brake Light On BX23! #2  
I have toyed with the idea of developing one using a micro switch, but decided that it wasn't worth the effort. If I forget to release the brake, I will probably not notice the brake light either. Now a horn would be noticed, but it would be too annoying. It is like having a seat kill switch.... after a few months, you will hate it and disconnect it. Every tractor that I have ever purchased used has always had the safety items removed except for one...... that one was owned by an old man that was very particular that everything worked just like the day it left the factory.... There are words for people like that, but I am not allowed to use them......

/ No Parking Brake Light On BX23! #3  
The parking brake light on my L3830 works just fine, provided I actually look at the dash before I drop the clutch, put her in gear, and ease it out. I have forgot to look at the dash several times.

Funny thing is, on my standard shift truck, I ALWAYS use the parking brake and NEVER forget to release it.

I guess with more seat time, I'll get in the habit of reaching down to release it whether it's engaged or not.