No reverse Error 14

/ No reverse Error 14 #1  

timmers3

Tractor
JD 3320
I have not seen many answers to these posts other than Check with your Deere Dealer. I Just had this issue myself. I was able to successfully complete the repair. It was no means an easy task.

I started under the tractor by switching the pedal wires, which produced the error in reverse the reverse pedal now made the tractor move forward and the forward pedal produced the error 14 .. rules out the pedal switch..

I then traced the wires back up under the dash into a rats nest .. Literally I counted 3 that hopped out and ran across the field. Removed the dash to find the wires to the switches and the gas gauge sending unit chewed through. I repaired these and continued the search. I had to remove the Gas tank to find the issue. Once I had the tank off there was a hole in the top of the HST housing to the left of the pedals that exposed the actuators and pumps for the forward and reverse. Again the wires for reverse were chewed through, but right at the connector. I was able to save the connector with some wire and solder, and bingo put it all back together and had reverse. Now I will say this would have been much easier if the loader was off, but since I had no reverse this wasn't really an option.

photos:

Attachments

• IMAG0122c.jpg
    IMAG0122c.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMAG0123c.jpg
    IMAG0123c.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0124c.jpg
    IMAG0124c.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0125c.jpg