No Spark to plugs...please read and help

/ No Spark to plugs...please read and help #91  
tank TO carb is good. tank THRU carb is what you need to check.

don't matter how much gas gets to the carb, if the flaot needle is clogged, or the main circuit is clogged.. you will get no vroom-vroom...

/ No Spark to plugs...please read and help #92  
Well, if you have spark at the plugs,and it's getting gas, the only thing left I can think of is valve timing. When it ran for thirty seconds did it sound strong or was it sputtering along? Since you said you had to turn the distributor gear several teeth I would be suspicous the timing gear has stripped and slipped a few teeth. It may have a fiber gear, I don't know. That's about all I can think of.

/ No Spark to plugs...please read and help #93  
if the timing gear was stripped.. I think he'd know it.. it would do catch and run and slip stuff and chug badly, if at all...

/ No Spark to plugs...please read and help
Well for anyone that was following this, here is an update...better late then never. It runs! I took the distributor to a guy that restores old tractors and builds pulling tractors. He worked some magic. He ended up replacing the points with a better insulated set and using a condenser for a car. I guess that was all it needed...maybe the parts I put in weren't good enough. It will now start effortlessly and runs strong. (it should I have replaced everything on it...). Anyway I'm very happy and even pulled a log with it today. Lots of power on tap. Thank you to everyone that had input here for me. It's been a process and I'm very thankful for all the help!

/ No Spark to plugs...please read and help #95  
Good for you!

Dave

/ No Spark to plugs...please read and help #96  
Very good.....enjoy!

/ No Spark to plugs...please read and help #97  
I'm very glad to here that you are happy with the tractor now. I hope it serves you well from here on out!

/ No Spark to plugs...please read and help
Thank you all!

photo(26).JPG