No Spill Can Go Boom

/ No Spill Can Go Boom #31  
This is what I put on my newer plastic 1, 2, 5 and 6 gallon gas cans, just don’t drill the hole for the vent cap to big.
View attachment 615638

Jim.

Those replacement spouts fit every size gas cans imagionable but the ones (plural) that I have.....So tired of stores full of crap that don't fit or work properly....

Just punch holes in old can out of despiration so I don't try to reuse, and then just buy new can with poor design filler to add to my frustration....

Dale

/ No Spill Can Go Boom #32  
Yesterday I had an “American Can” 5 gallon gas container split at the top handle mold line. Date of manufacture is 19 August 2015. You may want to check ur containers if you own some of these.
IMG_4133.JPG

/ No Spill Can Go Boom #33  
Some of mine have split too. I will be going steel cans and take my chances with rust.

/ No Spill Can Go Boom #34  
One thing is clear,"new & improved" is certainly far worse than what we had before. I have Blitz cans mfgred in Miami Ok that are so old I don't remember buying them. New cans seldom last 2 years and like others have ,I've spilled more gas from EPA cans in the past year than I spilled in 10 years from old style.

/ No Spill Can Go Boom #35  
So far, I've had good luck with these recent Scepter cans. I like the footprint. Costco has them in 2 packs once in a while up here.

2 Litre Jeep Style Self-Venting Gas Can | Princess Auto

Scepter makes these too....

2 Litre Military Style Fuel Can | Princess Auto

..... but so far my plastic cans haven't irritated me enough to spend that kind of money.

For metal cans, I'd use Stabil's 360 protection (supposed to help above the fuel line), and wouldn't let the can sit empty.

STA-BIL 36 Protection - Fuel Treatment for Engines | Gold Eagle Co

Rgds, D.

/ No Spill Can Go Boom #36  
   / No Spill Can Go Boom #39  
   / No Spill Can Go Boom #40  
I should add, we use Justrite 5 gallon cans to load fuel into ATV's which is not at all, ergonomical. That is we'd need to crawl up on there sides and stand in the stirrup to load the fuel. These machines have pods which raises them much higher than your normal ATV. The cans we got have a 7/8 flexible spout that allowed a nice fast flow.

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-U2-51-...ight+fuel+can&qid=1565018951&s=gateway&sr=8-5