No Spill Diesel Can that works?

/ No Spill Diesel Can that works?
   / No Spill Diesel Can that works? #52  
All the more reason to take the can out of the truck bed and sit the can on the ground before filling it, the way you're supposed to do. It also keeps any spills out of your truck.

That can be a hazzard but only with gasoline. No one has ever seen a diesel fuel container explode based on sparks. Not enough volatility. The othe rthings is,even with gas, just get in the habit of touching the nozel to the can as you fill it and the touch the can to the metal of the truck as you put it back up in the bed. You'll never have a problem using those habits.

/ No Spill Diesel Can that works? #53  
I bought a sack full of these vents for my cans. Only problem is that they do dry out and break off after a year or two. Cheap enough to replace, but they don't last forever.
Also, on my cans with the No-Spill (Always Spill) feature, I took those apart and gutted the insides for full flow. At the price of the replacement 'full flow spouts', they're about half the price of a new can. Too pricey for me for what they are.

Don't be like one of my neighbors though... While filling from a 5 gallon can he wasn't satisfied with the flow rate. So - he just punched a hole right there in the bottom with an awl. And yes, it did 'quick fill' - ONE time :)

Those vents are a great find. I instead drilled a hole and threaded the first drywall screw I found into it. It really takes a rather small hole to serve as a good vent. By the way, the autoparts stores and Tractor Supply offer very plain flexible spouts to fit the stupid ventless jugs sold these days. Replaces all that garbage & complexity with a simple flexible spout but you still need to drill for a vent that the Feds have decided to protect us from. For relatively small operation diesel I also came up with a 35 gallon pesticide tank ($99 at TSC) and attached a 3/4" gas hose and nozzle. Ended up with around $150 in the whole rig but it has been very useful. Requires gravity OR a small pump. Photo attached. P1200661.JPGBecause it was not intended for fuel, you have to find fuel resistant gaskets for the outlet or it will leak on you.

/ No Spill Diesel Can that works? #54  
   / No Spill Diesel Can that works? #55  
   / No Spill Diesel Can that works? #56  
In reply to My Hoe re battery operated fuel pump, look up Fill-Rite 12 VDC . I've tried many of the 'gimmicks' on the market for fueling and finally gave up and bought a battery powered Fill-Rite, something like a FR1210. They seem to have more options now. Good for gas or diesel. I have a small gas shed and I mounted this pump to the bench near the door and use a flexible pick up hose and just stick that into the can of whatever fuel and fill away. Good for tractor, lawn mower ,ATV ,snowmobiles whatever. Only have to get the fuel home and not on top of a tractor or whatever.
Al

Al 2,

I do apologize for not responding sooner--didn't mean to appear to be ignoring you. Rather, dealing with some serious health issues here at home.

Anyway, thank you, SO much, for the link to those fuel transfer pumps!

I'm sure, with such a large selection, that I will find something to easily meet my needs.

Once again, thank you, very much--and this is a very helpful thread, in general, so thanks to the OP, and all my fellow Kubota/TBN'ers, as well!

My Hoe