No Start 5310

/ No Start 5310 #1  

gator3

I cannot get my 5310 to start back up. It started losing Rpm's and died.
Have good fuel, replaced fuel filter, primer, air filter. It started and ran for about 2 min. but would rev just idled, then died again.
Now it will not start at all. Have bled fuel system to injectors, still no start, won't even try to fire now.
Checked all fuses, good. Is there any way to test the fuel valve on the bottom of injector pump.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

/ No Start 5310 #2  
For starters, I would make sure you have a fully charged battery and either a good battery charger or another vehicle with good jumper cables to work with. I would then go back through the bleeding process with the engine cranking. Allowing the starter to cool in between. Check for fuel flow and remove the air starting from the tank line and then proceed to the injector lines bleeding these enough to get fuel squirting out with no air.

If you are getting fuel to the injector lines the fuel valve is okay. I don't know about your specific fuel system but it would be a good idea to make sure you have power to the fuel solenoid in both start and run switch positions first. I might add that the old fuel systems with glass bowls were much easier to see through and small bubbles were easier to see, with the newer designs it is much more difficult. Doesn't take much to be a real problem.

Steve

/ No Start 5310
Thanks jenkinsph for the quick reply.

I charged the battery up and started bleeding process. Got as far as the pump inlet, nothing out of pump to injectors.

I have 12v to a wire on top of pump, and can hear a faint click only when I turn the key "off".

I need a wirng diagram to figure out which pump wires do what. If anyone can help me get this up and running or at least figure if it is electrical or mechanical would be great. I need to finish fields so I can get the new fence up.

Thanks to all.
Gator3

/ No Start 5310 #4  
I agree to check fuel solenoid. Make sure it is opening the fuel valve. I am not sure how yours works but you may be able to take it off and see if the fuel valve opens.

/ No Start 5310 #5  
gator3,
Do you have voltage thru the sensor that is above the fuel pump? It appears to be located on a block near the top radiator hose. I would check the continuity of this sensor to see if it is open, not positive but it appears to be in series with the injector pump wiring. If the fuel solenoid valve has two wires connected to it this may be the problem. The fuel solenoid coil may need power thru this upper switch or sensor in addition to the wire you tested.
If you have only one wire and have 12 volts to the solenoid in both run and cranking then most likely the pump needs service.

Hope this helps you,

Steve

/ No Start 5310
I had the injection pump rebuild and now it runs like a Deere.:D
Thanks for all the help.