No-Weld Trick Work Light Brackets

/ No-Weld Trick Work Light Brackets #11  
   / No-Weld Trick Work Light Brackets #12  
Joe, I am curious now that 6 months has gone by, how do you like your mounts? Do they still stay in place? Would you do anything different? Have you had to make any adjustments?

/ No-Weld Trick Work Light Brackets
They do exactly what I want, in all cases and I don't think I would change anything. The three toggle switches I installed for them are double-pole, double-throw and I am still working on which combinations should work together. The only thing I might do differently is spring for the new super-bright LED's to cut down on the current draw, but one of the things I did when I first got my Kubota L4330 open-station was to swap in a bigger alternator ...I believe the one from the 4330 cab model, so I have ample current, and I have installed a second fuse panel. I thought about welding up all the mounts, but using just parts from home-depot/lowes, etc. was cheaper and faster. I think some enterprising board member might decide to fab and offer for sale an upgraded set of such mounts...maybe spring-hinged so they return to station after being brushed back/over ...

Oh, and note that they are designed to brush back only (only) when going forward, which is usually when I encounter brush or branches ...in reverse, take care, you're on your own.

/ No-Weld Trick Work Light Brackets #14  
I bet a good strong rare earth magnet would lock the hinge in place as needed, while maintaining the right angle within the hinge assembly to use in the front and rearward positions. You also would be very unlikely to loose the magnet in the event you catch a limb, and limit any damage to the assembly.

product_thumb.php

This one has 55 LBS of pulling force, yet is only .50" X .50" X 2.0"...price $3.89

/ No-Weld Trick Work Light Brackets
Good thought ...incidentally, as I may have posted elsewhere, I use little rare-earth magnets on my golf-cart-cover-poor-man's-cab at the bottoms and along the fenders: pulls away when I want to enter, but holds fast to keep out the weather.