noise cancellation headphones

/ noise cancellation headphones #21  
Other than targeting noise in a particular spectrum, which is the auditory hearing range of humans, these headphones are not tuned. But they do work best with a constant noise rather than noise that is changing in volume and pitch.

One other thing is that they do not cancel noise, which is impossible. They identify incoming noise and then emit counter-noise to offset what is already coming at you. I've searched for years to learn whether the noise+counternoise combination is more damaging to your hearing than just the original noise to start. We all know it seems quieter. But is there more or less vibration on your eardrum?

Try running your Ventrac without then try with Bose QC-35s. You tell me.

/ noise cancellation headphones #22  
Just noticed Ace Hardware has the latest Worktunes on sale for $49.99. It has Bluetooth and a microphone. With my corded set I avoid most of the snagging with a phone holster and route the wire under my shirt.

/ noise cancellation headphones #23  
A decent pair of shooting range ear muffs coupled with some ear buds. I have a pair of noise cancelation head phones (Sony) but frankly they don't do much for me. But the shooting range ear muffs really cancel out outside sound. But be careful as you won't really hear much of anything outside. This is the one I have:

Mpow Noise Reduction Safety Ear Muffs, Shooters Hearing Protection Ear Muffs, Adjustable Shooting Ear Muffs, NRR 28dB Professional Ear Defenders for Shooting Hunting Season, with a Carrying Bag - - Amazon.com

/ noise cancellation headphones #24  
I got a pair from harbor freight with cancelling noise to 32 DBS and they were on sale for 8.50 with coupon and they work pretty good for me. And when I was in the Navy I used to stuff rags in them and that would cut it even more but you could still hear somebody talking to you but the background noise was minimized out.

/ noise cancellation headphones #25  
Does having a cab on a tractor eliminate the need for ear protection?

/ noise cancellation headphones #26  
I have to agree. Noise canceling makes no sense to me. In a microphone, you basically have two elements wired out of phase, one cancelling the other out for ambient noise but the party speaks into one only.

Do the BOSE only work when listening to something or just as electronic earmuffs as well? So do they amplify the frequencies within your program material at the frequency of the offending noise?

I like my old Work tunes for the ease of turning on and off without trying to find the STUPID buttons, but I like the newer one for the stored station selection. One newer work tunes was replaced because it had no base. The replacement was better.

I have a pair of Peltor behind the head type muffs, so you can wear a brimmed hat. I REALLY, REALLY wish they would make a radio/electronic version.

Last edited:
   / noise cancellation headphones #27  
Does having a cab on a tractor eliminate the need for ear protection?

I don't wear mine when in the cabbed backhoe. I listen to tunes while I work either way. I have a mechless radio in the BH so all my music is on SD cards. My cheap work tunes just has a radio in it. It has an aux input but I never use it.