Noise level of a Kioti diesel?

/ Noise level of a Kioti diesel? #1  

bbse

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3325
I am just curious about something. I have a 3054 and it has the TD1400 engine. The only thing I have to compare it to is the Kubota 3010 I used to have and my brothers L3450. I think the engine is rather noisy. I guess, I would have to say it seems noisier when it is not under a load. I don't think about it much when I mowing. But when I am moving dirt I let it run around 2000-2200 rpm while transporting and it seems very... well rattly...rattling. Since I have nothing to compare it too I would like to hear from others(maybe dealers) and hear your comparisons. I am not having a problem. I just rebuilt this engine and it has only 18 HRS on it. Runs great, pulls stronger and seems to be getting stronger every day. I did most chores the other day at 2300rpm no problems. Maybe the muffler is worn out. I may take that apart and check it.

/ Noise level of a Kioti diesel?
I am just curious about something. I have a 3054 and it has the TD1400 engine. The only thing I have to compare it to is the Kubota 3010 I used to have and my brothers L3450. I think the engine is rather noisy. I guess, I would have to say it seems noisier when it is not under a load. I don't think about it much when I mowing. But when I am moving dirt I let it run around 2000-2200 rpm while transporting and it seems very... well rattly...rattling. Since I have nothing to compare it too I would like to hear from others(maybe dealers) and hear your comparisons. I am not having a problem. I just rebuilt this engine and it has only 18 HRS on it. Runs great, pulls stronger and seems to be getting stronger every day. I did most chores the other day at 2300rpm no problems. Maybe the muffler is worn out. I may take that apart and check it.

/ Noise level of a Kioti diesel? #3  
At idle, I can hear a metal on metal rattling from the front somewhere around the engine. I had no idea what it was until I did a walk around and noticed that the loader level rod was vibrating and rattling in the sleeve. I grabbed a hold of it and the rattle went away.. I would check for stuff like this. Other than that, I have no idea. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Noise level of a Kioti diesel? #4  
At idle, I can hear a metal on metal rattling from the front somewhere around the engine. I had no idea what it was until I did a walk around and noticed that the loader level rod was vibrating and rattling in the sleeve. I grabbed a hold of it and the rattle went away.. I would check for stuff like this. Other than that, I have no idea. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Noise level of a Kioti diesel? #5  
I know what you a talking about. My dk45s has a distinct diesel rattle too, not as bad now as it was when it was new, seemed to quiet down some after about the first fifty hours or so. i have the same rattle that you are talking about with the bucket level indicator rod tattling, the tow bar also rattles sometimes. the kioti i think is noisier that some other tractior brands, but for a very distinct diesel rattle pull upside a dodge cummins pickup with the 24 valve engine. those guys have to shut the engine off just to order at Mcdonalds.

/ Noise level of a Kioti diesel? #6  
I know what you a talking about. My dk45s has a distinct diesel rattle too, not as bad now as it was when it was new, seemed to quiet down some after about the first fifty hours or so. i have the same rattle that you are talking about with the bucket level indicator rod tattling, the tow bar also rattles sometimes. the kioti i think is noisier that some other tractior brands, but for a very distinct diesel rattle pull upside a dodge cummins pickup with the 24 valve engine. those guys have to shut the engine off just to order at Mcdonalds.

/ Noise level of a Kioti diesel? #7  
I have been able to locate a huge source of racket at idle and probably higher rpms. Just push in the clutch and a huge source of noise goes away. Maybe it is the HST tranny, don't know, but the noise level is hugely reduced. I have even latched the clutch hold down hook and the engine itself just purrs.

/ Noise level of a Kioti diesel? #8  
I have been able to locate a huge source of racket at idle and probably higher rpms. Just push in the clutch and a huge source of noise goes away. Maybe it is the HST tranny, don't know, but the noise level is hugely reduced. I have even latched the clutch hold down hook and the engine itself just purrs.

Of course being a 3054 I don't have HST /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. This is definitley a diesel thing and it is a normal thing. I was just curious as to how loud it was compared to other Kiotis and/or to other brands if someone had direct access or experience. I also had a 98 Dodge, 12 valve head, and I had to shut it down to order lunch at the drive thru. I had a 01 Chevy Duramax and it had a ping but not a rattle. I am sure I will get used to it in time and I hope it does lessen as it breaks in.

Of course being a 3054 I don't have HST /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. This is definitley a diesel thing and it is a normal thing. I was just curious as to how loud it was compared to other Kiotis and/or to other brands if someone had direct access or experience. I also had a 98 Dodge, 12 valve head, and I had to shut it down to order lunch at the drive thru. I had a 01 Chevy Duramax and it had a ping but not a rattle. I am sure I will get used to it in time and I hope it does lessen as it breaks in.