Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?)

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #1  
Tractor
2023KIOTI NS 4710
What are some projects you've attempted (and accomplished) with a tractor that may be considered abnormal? I'm talking about thinking outside the box (blade) to the max.
I don't care if it was the absolute worst possible tool for the job.

What are some innovative (or not) ways youve used a tractor to clear land, specifically?

I'm new to the tractor world but have been thoroughly enjoying ripping up trees with my post/tree puller.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240111-213724.png
    Screenshot_20240111-213724.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 391
  • PXL_20240107_145208193.jpg
    PXL_20240107_145208193.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 394
   / Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #3  
I don't know if this is non traditional, and it doesn't involve land clearing but I occasionally use a tractor as a portable concrete mixer.

I welded an old stand type cement mixer to an SSQA plate and attached it to the FEL. I replaced the electric motor with a hydraulic motor and power it via the 3rd function valve.

I drive the tractor to the various sand, gravel & cement sources and mix while I drive to the construction site. I then use the FEL to dump the concrete directly from the mixer into the forms. The only time I get off the tractor is to load the ingredients.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #4  
When I rebuilt my retaining wall I used my backhoe as a small crane. I removed the middle tooth on the bucket and replace it with an eyebolt. My blocks were Keystone's which use fiberglass pins for alignment. You can connect two eyebolts with a short piece of chain, drop them into the holes for the fiberglass pins, and lift the blocks easily.

Doug in SW IA

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #5  
I just learned that the hay spears fit perfectly between the handles of my garbage can.

Loader is great for skinning hogs and deer.

Grapple can catch a snake, but there is a bit of luck involved in that one!!!

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #6  
"Grapple can catch a snake, but there is a bit of luck involved in that one!!!" EddieWalker
but not so much for the snake :)

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #8  
Killing snakes is done anyway possible, using what you have available. Really no worse feeling then seeing one, and not being able to kill it. Years later, I'm still looking for the ones that got away!!!

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #9  
Killing snakes is done anyway possible, using what you have available. Really no worse feeling then seeing one, and not being able to kill it. Years later, I'm still looking for the ones that got away!!!
Yep. See a snake, then go to fetch the closest weapon (shovel, hoe, shotgun) and come back. Where did it go??? All whilst stepping around very carefully. 😂. Retreat to the porch…. Life is never quite the same again. 🥺

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #10  
The one that haunts me the most was on the zero turn by my pond. Water Moccasin came out of the water and in front of me. I thought that I would chase it down and run it over with the blades chopping it up into fertilizer. But it stopped and curled up in front of me with it's head up higher then the deck. I stopped about ten feet in front of it, got scared, and backed up as fast as I could. I went back to the house as fast as I could, grabbed a pistol and went back looking for it, but I never saw it again. I still have nightmares of that snake!!!!!