noooooooooooooooo!!!!

/ noooooooooooooooo!!!! #21  
Since you seem to have received plenty of good advice already, I thought I'd share one of the many stick experiences I've had. Whlile going to college I worked for a home builder. I was clearing an overgrown parcel of land to be used for farming with a Caterpiller 955 track loader. There were a lot of tall but small in diameter, 2-3 inch maple trees. Although I was very careful and wary of the dangers these trees pose, I was backing up, and all of the sudden a maple came through an opening in the back of the tractor. It continued through the seat between the back and the bottom narrowly missing me. Talk about almost gettiing a stick up my a....

I try to be very careful with my Kubota.

/ noooooooooooooooo!!!! #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Seems like a water pump runs on a sealed bearing that turns an impeller that's in your cooling system. How can running it w/o water damage it? It's not like the antifreeze provides lubrication. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif )</font>

The engine gets hot and in a hurry without water going thru the block. Without water, BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWY! )</font>

I understand all that, but it won't go blewy in 30 seconds. I was curious as to how the water pump would be damaged, forgot about the seal in the pump losing lubrication.