normal operation of a rotary cutter?????

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #1  

whitearrow

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere 5203
is it normal operation of the tractor when using a rotary cutter to pull the engine down slightly when encountering a decent sized ant mound?
thanks,
whitearrow->>>-------------------->

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter?????
is it normal operation of the tractor when using a rotary cutter to pull the engine down slightly when encountering a decent sized ant mound?
thanks,
whitearrow->>>-------------------->

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #3  
Quite normal. Just ease up on the hitch lever if you don't want to pull the engine down too much, and then back to where you had it after you pass.
John

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #4  
Quite normal. Just ease up on the hitch lever if you don't want to pull the engine down too much, and then back to where you had it after you pass.
John

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #5  
Just what are you calling a "decent" size ant hill? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #6  
Just what are you calling a "decent" size ant hill? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #7  
Yep. Mine does the same thing. Especially if it has been rainy (which it hasn't in a long time) and the mounds are tall and moist. If anything, I lower mine a little to damage them as much as possible. Hate those fire ants. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #8  
Yep. Mine does the same thing. Especially if it has been rainy (which it hasn't in a long time) and the mounds are tall and moist. If anything, I lower mine a little to damage them as much as possible. Hate those fire ants. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #9  
Me, too, Bill. I kept my brush hog set low and learned to just slow my forward speed when I approached big fire ant mounds so it didn't pull the engine down too much. Of course I learned to do that after I actually stalled the engine on the B7100 a time or two. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ normal operation of a rotary cutter????? #10  
Me, too, Bill. I kept my brush hog set low and learned to just slow my forward speed when I approached big fire ant mounds so it didn't pull the engine down too much. Of course I learned to do that after I actually stalled the engine on the B7100 a time or two. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif