Rake Nortec Piranha Power Rake..?

/ Nortec Piranha Power Rake..? #1  

BeeBop

Silver Member
Tractor
02 Kubota L-4610 HST w/4in1 bucket & R-4s
I have been in the market for a Power Rake ever since I witnessed w/my own eyes just what these things can do..unbelieveable. I have a brochure on this implement and after reading it and talking w/the manufacturer I believe this to be a nice Power Rake. I have looked at all models including Woods, Landpride and Harley but this model is heavier and seems to be better built from a birds eye view. Anyone ever hear of it or have any experience w/it? Thanks

/ Nortec Piranha Power Rake..? #2  
Never heard of that company or of that rake.When I purchased my harley rake 6 or so years ago,it was the best thing goin',and just recently I purchased a new machine and went lookin at new rakes and I found that I was just better off rehabbing my old rake.I found that even though a rake is heavier or a different design than a Harley rake doesn't make it better.Glennmac,the company that makes the harley rakes,really has it down pretty good,and has been building and improving their rakes for a long time,and they WILL stand behind their product 100%,and their customer support is second to none.Just think about what you are askin these rakes to do,they constantly run in the dirt and rock and are constantly shaking and bouncing, and if there is a weak point you're gonna find pretty quick,I'm not saying that the rake you are loking at is no good,but check around and see what other guys are running,also ask nortec for references and maybe a demo,these rakes aint cheap,so really do your homework,it will result in you raking not repairing.

/ Nortec Piranha Power Rake..?
Tags, I completely agree, this is not a cheap impliment. I just get this strange feeling that if and when I buy this thing the sales people and owner will be "loving life" when I drive off. I know Harley rakes are awesome and I think there is a correlation between Woods and Harley. I guess I will do some more investigative research and see what turns up before my purchase.

/ Nortec Piranha Power Rake..? #4  
BeeBop,
Just curious what the price of the Piranha is compared to Harley.
Prices on power rakes I have gotten so far.
Land Price PR1572 - 4 differant dealers prices ranged from $6500 to $7200.
T 6 Harley -$ 6000.

/ Nortec Piranha Power Rake..?
Wolbert, I have been quoted a price of $4900 for the 72'' Landpride and $6295 for the piranha. Big difference in price huh? I am almost leaning toward the Landpride but the Piranha has fold up wheels so as to get into close areas. Who knows what I'll wind up with?