Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek:

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #11  
I used Norton for more than 25 years, but dumped it (using their uninstall method) more than a year ago, primarily because I am currently using Charter cable for TV, Internet, and telephone and they provide "Charter Security Suite" by F-Secure at no additional cost. So that's what I currently have.

HOWEVER, I do still use Norton Identity Safe for my passwords, and I want to also get rid of that. How do others of you keep track of your passwords and have them automatically fill in on the various websites?

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #13  
I use AVG-free and havent had any issues. I do run a program called hijack this every few months too just to clean up some crap.

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #14  
Norton has been a problem for years.

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #15  
I too, had computer problems that developed suddenly, for no reason. I had Norton that had expired and did not spend the extra money to renew for a year. I wondered if the expired Norton software had anything to do with my computer problems (this was ten or twelve years ago), so I uninstalled the software and my computer settled own and no longer had any problems. Hhhhm - sure seems like fraud to me.
Bottom line, I refuse to buy any Norton products now.
Microsoft Security Essentials seems to do what I need - along with free anti-malware.

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #16  
I have used Norton for years and still do. I recently installed it on my son's new macbook as well.
I've never had a problem with it- auto updates and catches everything. I renew every year. It is the best I have used- and stays in business.

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #17  
How do others of you keep track of your passwords and have them automatically fill in on the various websites?

I use post-it notes and tape them to all my computers. For auto-fill in, IE remembers forms fill in quite nicely.

:) :)

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: #18  
How do others of you keep track of your passwords and have them automatically fill in on the various websites?
I use Last Pass and it's been very good to me. As far as norton goes, I had lots of problems with Norton about 17 - 18 years ago and after hours of removing it from my machine, never looked back.

/ Norton Antivirus, an excellent way to mess up your computer... :eek: