NORTRAC GLOW PLUG PROBLEM

/ NORTRAC GLOW PLUG PROBLEM #1  

BRIANPA

I just bought a nortrac 204c. nice tractor but some problems from the start. rear lights did not work due to connectors not connected, hour meter did not work northern sent new one and ended up wires not connected behind fuel tank. Now the problem I can't seem to find. The glow plug fuse keeps blowing (10A)needed for cold weather starts. If I jump both sides of fuse box it works fine. The only wire I can see is the green wire that goes to top of glown plug. northern seems to think it may be relay but not sure. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED> Nice tractor just make sure you have some mechanical ability. This tractor less than week old.

/ NORTRAC GLOW PLUG PROBLEM #2  
Is this an automatic reset fuse? Put an amp meter on the wire going to the glow plugs and see how many amps you are actuallydrawing. Jumping the fuse is not such a good thing to do. But I know, we all do it and sometimes it does help us find our trouble. If the tractor is only a week old, I would call Northern and tell them of your discuss of the tractor and tell them you really think they should come and get it and give you your money back. A tractor starting out like that is not so good in my opinion. Maybe they would settle for giving you another one?? But then again, maybe not.

murph

/ NORTRAC GLOW PLUG PROBLEM
How much juice should it draw. It only uses 10A fuse. I must say northern has been good. Only thing is they say parts and labor and the only part I've seen is parts. I will call tomorrow let them know my thoughts

/ NORTRAC GLOW PLUG PROBLEM #4  
Your manual should say how much they should draw. The ampmetre should confirm how many amps you are drawing. Otherwise you more than likely have a short someplace and you need to follow that wire all the way from one end to the other. Also is this fuse just for the glow plugs or for the whole machine?

murph

/ NORTRAC GLOW PLUG PROBLEM #5  
I have seen New Hollands with screws, small bolts, etc lying on the glowplug buss bar, shorting it out to the cylinder head.

/ NORTRAC GLOW PLUG PROBLEM
fuse is just for glow plug bar.

/ NORTRAC GLOW PLUG PROBLEM #7  
you have the wrong fuse installed: this is not uncommon as the 30 amp is on one end and the 10 amp is at the other normaly. the glow plug circuit uses 30 amp fuse... go to the china forum below for more help.

check all wiring connections and add a ground wire or two to make sure you are getting good ground for the tractor system. tie the NEW ground wire to the steering collum stud and to the fuel tank sending unit screws and then to the top of the engine ground bar. this will eliminate a lot of faulty ground paths that seem to some times happen. anyhow you will get good help in there for you're nortrac. the nortrac is a JINMA tractor anbd has many re-badged names (FARM PRO, AGRACAT MAVERICK ect. ) anyhwo see you there.

Mark M