Not 4 wheel drive,

/ Not 4 wheel drive, #11  
What claim and what tractor are you talking about?

/ Not 4 wheel drive,
The brochure claims it starts with the Bx1500 up to the B series.

/ Not 4 wheel drive,
I cant locate the brochure, but it covered the Bx- 1500 thru the bx-22. It claimed the front wheels recieve constant power at all turning angles when front wheel drive is engaged.
Who knows what holes lurk in the manufacturers claims though. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Not 4 wheel drive, #14  
Garrabo,
Just exactly what is it that the brochure claims? I for one, don't know just what you are talking about.

/ Not 4 wheel drive, #15  
I cant locate the brochure, but it covered the Bx- 1500 thru the bx-22. It claimed the front wheels recieve constant power at all turning angles when front wheel drive is engaged.
Who knows what holes lurk in the manufacturers claims though.

All I know is my JD 790 gives plenty of power to the front wheels...just forget to take it out of 4wd and hit the pavement! That bucking will wake you up real fast /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Not good for the machine /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Not 4 wheel drive, #16  
<font color="blue"> Kubota's 4 wheel drive is contsant drive to the front wheels
at all turning radious </font>
This must be it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif All compact with MFWD have constant drive to the front wheels at any turning radius. All that means is that the front drive shaft can be engaged no matter the angle that the wheels are turned. At one time, trucks would pop front u-joints if to much power was applied when the steering was turned to the lock. Some one in the advertising department was getting creative to make it sound like the competition didn't have that feature.

/ Not 4 wheel drive, #17  
My 4200 has the locking differential feature.

/ Not 4 wheel drive, #18  
A common misconception about standard (not limited slip or locking) differentials is that they drive only one of the two wheels they are connected to. Actually, both wheels are pulling with equal force. Just because a wheel isn't spinning doesn't mean it isn't pulling. The only downside is that, when the traction available to the two wheels is unequal, the tractive effort provided by each wheel is limited by the traction available to the wheel with the least traction.

Limited slip or locking differentials come into play where traction is unequal between the two wheels. The wheel with more traction is able to pull harder than with the standard differential. The wheel with less traction will pull the same as with a standard differential.

I think John Deere correctly calls their tractors 4 wheel drive, at least in the same sense that virtually all other truck and tractor manufacturers have used the term.

/ Not 4 wheel drive,
I found the brochure, It directly says, quote: A unique 4x4 system that delivers power to the front wheels at all turning angles for efficient operation in tight spaces. End quote.

/ Not 4 wheel drive, #20  
That quote would in my opinion not mean the front wheels are both going to turn when one wheel is sitting in mud and the other on dry pavement. It is true that you are delivering power to the front wheels, but not in necessarily equal amounts. Why that is unique I do not know, perhaps that is not the part being referred to as unique. The front axle on the Kubota is somewhat unique in that it has not got the large center gear housing that is quite pronounced on many tractors. Providing power to the front wheels at all turning angles is pretty much standard. I think the quote is accurate, but also understand it could be a source of confusion.