Comparison Not another cab thread....

/ Not another cab thread.... #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
I've read through a lot of cab threads and still unsure.

I live in New England, only need 25HP tractor. Looking at Mahindra or Kioti.

I'm going to use it for snow blowing and for bucket work in the summer, field rake, etc.

What I'm going back and forth on is do I need that cab? I can dress warm in the winter as I do now with my walk behind snowblower. What I'm wondering is in the hot summers, I'd rather not use the AC to pull from the HP. Is there a regular air vent option or does opening the windows make much difference?

/ Not another cab thread.... #2  
Not to be snarky, but, reading all the info about ya and nay, you haven’t got enough? Save the cash on the cab. Get your fill of snow blowing. Complain a lot on how you should have sprung for the cab. Start another thread on aftermarket cabs not having stock features. Mine is cabbed.

/ Not another cab thread....
What I'm wondering is in the hot summers, I'd rather not use the AC to pull from the HP. Is there a regular air vent option or does opening the windows make much difference?

Not to be snarky, but, reading all the info about ya and nay, you haven稚 got enough? Save the cash on the cab. Get your fill of snow blowing. Complain a lot on how you should have sprung for the cab. Start another thread on aftermarket cabs not having stock features. Mine is cabbed.

Please see the rest of my post from above, thank you.

/ Not another cab thread.... #4  
No without the AC in the summer if the sun comes out you are in a hot house,
even in the winter on a sunny day you do not need the heater.
I've had the AC's quit in the cab tractors they are absolutely no fun what so ever,
windows open door open still too dang hot.

/ Not another cab thread.... #5  
You for sure want AC in any cabbed tractor;windows open don't help.Cab sure is nice in winter,summer heat and rain.Look at the LX Kubota's.

/ Not another cab thread.... #6  
As I have noted before, for low HP small tractors, removable soft cabs are often the best option. Keeps you out of the wind and blown snow, comes off for summer use, and saves several thousand dollars.

/ Not another cab thread.... #7  

I'm going to use it for snow blowing and for bucket work in the summer, field rake, etc.

What I'm going back and forth on is do I need that cab? I can dress warm in the winter as I do now with my walk behind snowblower. What I'm wondering is in the hot summers, I'd rather not use the AC to pull from the HP. Is there a regular air vent option or does opening the windows make much difference?

If you are so close on HP that running the AC will make a meaningful difference, then you need to start with more HP.

/ Not another cab thread.... #8  
A little more information on the intended use would help. How much driveway, bush hog time, bucket time etc. Might as well get a tractor that will do all you want and need. Throw some comfort in the mix and jobs are pleasant , not a chore that needs tending to.

/ Not another cab thread.... #9  

The summer average temperature is 78F where I live, my property is pretty much shaded with fir and spruce trees, and I did get warm sometimes with the cab.

But to improve on my comfort in the cab here's what I die:

I've removed the door, the full soft panel behind the seat, and the 2 small soft panels in the front below the windshield.

I open the windshield glass a long with the side window.

I also installed a 6" diameter 12v 2 speed fan up high in the cab which blows directly on me and now I do not have a warm uncomfortable moment.

This works for me in my area.

Good luck with your decision,

KC

/ Not another cab thread....
A little more information on the intended use would help. How much driveway, bush hog time, bucket time etc. Might as well get a tractor that will do all you want and need. Throw some comfort in the mix and jobs are pleasant , not a chore that needs tending to.

Hi, driveway is about 600 feet, might some some bush hogging,, mostly bucket time for the gardens, compost, etc. I've determined that 25HP is enough but just trying to decide on the cab.