Not another oil thread.

/ Not another oil thread. #1  

Haywire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless :(
Nope, after serious consideration, I decided NOT to ask which oil you guys used.

just thought you'd like to know, I saved you from that.

Ian

/ Not another oil thread. #2  
Use what ever oil that makes you sleep good at night:thumbsup:

/ Not another oil thread. #3  
Well then i'm not going to tell you i use any of the "big three" Delo,Delvac,Rotella.

/ Not another oil thread.
After a bit of research, I just bought Kubota brand oil. I figure I'll use OEM fluids and filters during the warranty period. That'll give them less reason to deny a warranty claim if the need arises.

Ian

/ Not another oil thread. #5  
After a bit of research, I just bought Kubota brand oil. I figure I'll use OEM fluids and filters during the warranty period. That'll give them less reason to deny a warranty claim if the need arises.

Ian
Probably a smart move,but after use anything of a good name brand and that engine will out last you!

/ Not another oil thread. #6  
This page may be of interest to some of the members on here Tractor Life Watch the video on the right of the screen titled "how to avoid tractor downtime and repair bills", it deals with a popular subject on TBN :)

I was sent the link to the website by The Hay & Forage Grower magazine. They don't send junk mail/spam so I tend to believe if they sent it then the site has some value. That value may not mean as much to others but it may be useful to others.

/ Not another oil thread. #7  
This page may be of interest to some of the members on here Tractor Life Watch the video on the right of the screen titled "how to avoid tractor downtime and repair bills", it deals with a popular subject on TBN :)

I was sent the link to the website by The Hay & Forage Grower magazine. They don't send junk mail/spam so I tend to believe if they sent it then the site has some value. That value may not mean as much to others but it may be useful to others.
Any currant oil's of today CJ-4(all you can get anymore) will have all about the same level TBN(total base number,acid neutralizing capability) of around 10 to 11+, with the introduction of ULSF a high TBN is no longer needed.

in short any oil today will protect your diesel perfectly fine no worries.

/ Not another oil thread. #8  
Any currant oil's of today CJ-4(all you can get anymore) will have all about the same level TBN(total base number,acid neutralizing capability) of around 10 to 11+, with the introduction of ULSF a high TBN is no longer needed.

Yup, I posted a thread on the CJ-4 issue. I use the cheapest oil I can find for diesel and LC20...Works mint on UOA.

/ Not another oil thread. #9  

But for those who run low sulfur or normal HHO, a high TBN is still desireable-no?

/ Not another oil thread. #10  
But for those who run low sulfur or normal HHO, a high TBN is still desireable-no?
YES!!,, but a CJ4 would more then do the job also.

in short CI4 has more anti-wear additives (in PPM) and higher TBN, but CJ4 handles soot better but lower(in PPM)additives and lower TBN, fewer additives and lower TBN are used because ULSF produces LESS soot,soot=wear.