Not the way to change your oil.

/ Not the way to change your oil. #11  
I don't own one, but there are lots of Kubotas in VT, and the older ones are all blue--only the tin is orange.

/ Not the way to change your oil. #12  
Yes they are plugs from were they drilled the oil pasage / galleys . Usely called welch plugs or casting plugs (some call casting plugs ..freeze plugs) the grease will be a good idea while drilling...however if the whole is deep enogh? get some throw away earplugs squish them down as small as you can trim if needed and stuff it in the whole. mesure drill and tap. When done use needle nose or twezzers to pull the ear plug out. no worry of metal shavings in oil passage

/ Not the way to change your oil. #13  
tree grower said:
I don't own one, but there are lots of Kubotas in VT, and the older ones are all blue--only the tin is orange.

Yep, I guess the blue went to gray. this one is a L175

Attachments

• L175-1.JPG
    L175-1.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 337
  • L175-2.JPG
    L175-2.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 263
   / Not the way to change your oil. #14  
schmism said:
sence when is a kubota tractor blue?
I see this has already been addressed but in addition, I have always heard that the blue frame Kubotas were extremely durable, i.e: built like tanks.

/ Not the way to change your oil. #15  
schmism said:
sence when is a kubota tractor blue?

looks like the correct color chassie for a old kubota to me..

soundguy

/ Not the way to change your oil.
Just an update I got the plug back in and have put the old girl through the paces and not a drop has leaked. Hopefully this will last another 25 years or so.

/ Not the way to change your oil. #17  
Good deal! Just keep an eye out for any dribbles!

jb

/ Not the way to change your oil. #18  
Was it threaded or just a plug smooth thats driven in?

It reminds me of an oil gallery plug on a SB chevy motor inside behind the timing chain gear kinda like a freeze plug

Your supposed to take a chisel and stake them in to prevent them from popping out under pressure.

/ Not the way to change your oil.
it was just a smooth plug. seemed to be aluminum I tapped it in with a round punch.

/ Not the way to change your oil. #20  
well after installing it take a chisel flat and sharp and stake the edge of the ole it will prevent it from popping out again.