Not trying to start a flame war. Kubota vs John Deere CUTS

/ Not trying to start a flame war. Kubota vs John Deere CUTS #11  
I also initially looked at these two same tractors, the JD 3032e and the kubota L3301. I was already more interested in kubota since I was accustomed to operating my stepfather kubota L3000 but YouTube and these forums really led me to lean the direction of the kubota. I did however get a chance to look over one of the JD 3032e tractors at a local fair before going to my kubota dealer and I liked it overall. The tractor was comfortable to sit on but was really short wheel base wise and I hated how it didn't have a quick attach loader frame. Other downfalls of the Deere that turned me away from my it was the aluminum rear axle housing, the fact that it didn't have folding rops, it had plastic hood and fenders and the JD style quick attach bucket. Im sure it's a fine machine for many people but for me it seemed sort of cheaply built. Regardless I ended up gong with a 2015 kubota L3901DT for the extra power with loader, SSQA bucket and box blade. I tried out the kubota HST and liked the shuttle shift better. The kubota just feels like a better built tractor in comparison to the JD 3032e and it's got the extra weight to get the power to the ground which I like. I definitely have a soft spot for kubota because it's what I've grown up around but I'll say, every major tractor brand has its pros and cons and there's a few machines from each manurfacturer that I still like and would consider purchasing. One piece of advice that im sure many will agree with is take into account the dealer experience as well when buying. A good dealer can really influence the decision to go with a specific brand.

/ Not trying to start a flame war. Kubota vs John Deere CUTS #12  
its tough call. both are good tractors. you paying extra for green paint, orange seems to hold a better resale value but a moot point if you are keeping for life. i went with kubota due to dealer attitude. like others are saying - you since you are new to tractors - you need to sit in tractors and try to run it and play with controls. find out with one feels right to you . both have forward, reverse different from each brand, the gearing, the specs, some even say oh this one has a coffee holder which is a must :rolleyes:

a good dealer will listen to your seemly dumb questions and answer honestly and no bsing and give you the time to check other tractors and buy the one you need/want.

after all its not the color that affect your choices, its the dealer willingness and ability to get parts when you can.

/ Not trying to start a flame war. Kubota vs John Deere CUTS #13  
I've been a Deere man my whole life but ran many colors, new and old, big and small. What I found is get a machine when you sit on it you don't think "what was this engineer smoking when he designed this." After a full day of running anything you will have the fundamentals to the machine down. And from there it building your operator skills.

/ Not trying to start a flame war. Kubota vs John Deere CUTS #14  
Pick the brand with the best dealer support.

/ Not trying to start a flame war. Kubota vs John Deere CUTS #15  
I've only driven a Bobcat(Kioti) and a John Deere of similar size and I can tell you the JD was a much nicer machine. The Bobcat(Kioti) just feel really cheap compared to the JD which felt more sturdy and well built on thing like the transmission shifter. Fit and finish were also noticeably better as was the performance.

/ Not trying to start a flame war. Kubota vs John Deere CUTS #16  
Was the JD a E or R model? When I looked at them there was a noticeable difference on build between the two.

/ Not trying to start a flame war. Kubota vs John Deere CUTS
I looked at an "E" JD. Today is my day off. I think I will head to the Kubota dealer for another look. Thanks to all for the insights. The axle rating advantage of the Kubota is something I was not aware of and I will be doing at least some loader work as I get the roads in good shape. Also there is tree debris everywhere it seems and I will need to work a grapple into the deal for that.

/ Not trying to start a flame war. Kubota vs John Deere CUTS #18  
Both choices would likely offer similar quality, like others have said, spend some time on both.

I'd also highly recommend that you look for a Massey Ferguson dealer and test the comparable 1734e. In my personal experience, the Massey units are at the top of the list for quality and durability.

/ Not trying to start a flame war. Kubota vs John Deere CUTS #19  
I'm not up on JD but I thought one grip people had with the JD was transmission was 2 range, Kubota has 3... good low gear for work and the high gear for traveling down the road.

Also, isn't the JD rear housing aluminum? Good for light weight but most people try and add extra weight (tire fluid, wheel weights).

/ Not trying to start a flame war. Kubota vs John Deere CUTS #20  
Assuming you like both dealers and think they'll stand behind the product, I'd go for the heaviest with the highest loader capacity. You are correct thinking a grapple is in order and the grapple itself is not light and tress can be quite heavy depending on size and species.