Not very satisfactory service from HF on a Predator engine

/ Not very satisfactory service from HF on a Predator engine #11  
Why bother with EBAY. Go to a small engine repair shop. They should have the part for less than $5. All they are is a rubber bubble and anything the right diameter should work. Just make sure you keep the keeper that is on it to save a trip back to the shop.

/ Not very satisfactory service from HF on a Predator engine #12  
Bulb is a cheap and common part. Should be easy to find. Probably doesn't need to be a perfect match either.

/ Not very satisfactory service from HF on a Predator engine #13  
Most of those "Chondas" will fit Honda parts. eBay sounds like best bet.

I think so as well.

Remember, this is HF. If you seriously need to depend on the item, make sure what you have will do what you want. They make some great stuff but there are risks in product obsolescence, language translation and consistency of product.

"You pays your money (or inherit) and takes your chances" Popeye.

/ Not very satisfactory service from HF on a Predator engine #14  
   / Not very satisfactory service from HF on a Predator engine #15  
Chinese junk is chinese junk...but IMO the root of the OP's problem is most likely Ethanol...!
Ask about any repair shop owner they will tell you that before ethanol...primer bulbs and fuel lines would last decades...

personally...before I found a local source for 100% gas I had to replace fuel lines and primer bulbs on just about all my equipment etc...

/ Not very satisfactory service from HF on a Predator engine #16  
Chinese junk is chinese junk...but IMO the root of the OP's problem is most likely Ethanol...!
Ask about any repair shop owner they will tell you that before ethanol...primer bulbs and fuel lines would last decades...

personally...before I found a local source for 100% gas I had to replace fuel lines and primer bulbs on just about all my equipment etc...

I must disagree. All my later power equipment needs new carbs every 3 years. The diaphrams are paper thin compared to the old stuff from the 90s.

Why do all my old junk Homelite string trimmers still work fine after 15 years? I use ethanol in these also. Older saws never touched either.
Planned obsolescence maybe?

Fred

/ Not very satisfactory service from HF on a Predator engine #17  
At the end of every year when I'm done with the engine I drain all gas and then pour a small amount of stabilizer in the tank. Has worked well to be able to start the engine the following year.

/ Not very satisfactory service from HF on a Predator engine #18  
I must disagree. All my later power equipment needs new carbs every 3 years. The diaphrams are paper thin compared to the old stuff from the 90s.

Why do all my old junk Homelite string trimmers still work fine after 15 years? I use ethanol in these also. Older saws never touched either.
Planned obsolescence maybe?

Fred

The negatives effects from Ethanol on your fuel system don't end at corrosion. Because Ethanol is an alcohol, ethanol dries out the rubber components in your fuel system. This leads to cracking and brittle fuel lines, floats, seals and diaphragms.

[citation] Protect Yourself: Ethanol Is Killing Your Carburetor

/ Not very satisfactory service from HF on a Predator engine #19  
At the end of every year when I'm done with the engine I drain all gas and then pour a small amount of stabilizer in the tank. Has worked well to be able to start the engine the following year.

I also do the same with all my power equipment, it makes NO difference. Disassemble a late carburetor and see for yourself the non-metal parts are designed to go bad in short order. Trouble started for me with most 2009 and newer carbs.

Regards, Fred

/ Not very satisfactory service from HF on a Predator engine #20  
New carbs are set so lean it takes almost nothing to plug up a jet. The problems with Ethanol have already been described above. Several of my customers that I have dealt with carb issues due to Ethanol, wish the OEMs would go back to a diesel engine like the old 330/332 John Deeres, 7790/920 Simplicity/Allis garden tractors ran. If someone would make and I hate to say it(a clone vert shaft single cylinder diesel)it would sell well for repowering the many lawn and so called garden tractors that all seem to use a vert shaft engine these days. All the OEM's are looking at doing is going to fuel injection and Electronic Fuel Management to deal with ongoing carb issues. The newer diaphrams and gasgets feel thinner and look cheaper than those of years ago. Probably are not even made in the USA anymore. All the newer L&G tires seem to come from the PRC as well, and are dry rotting within a couple years. Unfortunatly, about all we can do is find sources of pure gas and try to protect our equipment and investment as best we can. Mike