3-Point Hitch Nothing fits my 1026R without redesigning something

/ Nothing fits my 1026R without redesigning something #1  

martywny

Tractor
JD 1025R
Hello All,

I thought it might be time to post this problem because I find little information out there. I have a Deere 1026R and just bought the Phoenix T4 tiller. I had the 60" tiller before this one and needed something smaller. The problem is nothing ever fits my 3 point the way it is supposed to. Top link is too long, PTO shaft is too long and last time I had to cut the PTO down to fit. I used to have a Jubilee Ford and you would just back up to the implement, connect everything and start working. It's like this tractor has arms way too short. My plow was almost in the tractor seat with me. Is it me or does anyone else have the same issues? Is there a fix? Thanks.

Last edited:
   / Nothing fits my 1026R without redesigning something #2  
The 1026R is just an oversized garden tractor. It will do a lot, but comparing it to the size of your Jubilee Ford is apples and grapefruit.

Look up the weights of the two (tractors).. see what the difference is there.

/ Nothing fits my 1026R without redesigning something #3  
The 1026R is just an oversized garden tractor. It will do a lot, but comparing it to the size of your Jubilee Ford is apples and grapefruit.

Look up the weights of the two (tractors).. see what the difference is there.

According to tractordata.com the 1025R is a Cat 1 (LIMITED), which basically means 'it'll handle Cat 1 implements with some fiddling'.

It is what it is.

/ Nothing fits my 1026R without redesigning something
What I meant by referring to the Jubilee is that it had longer arms and I never had to worry about something being too close to the tractor. I did figure this one out, though. Seems like the tiller's mounting brackets for the 3-point were installed backwards. I noticed that after stepping back and looking at it from a distance. After reversing the brackets, I have plenty of room for adjusting the tiller and installing the PTO shaft. Time to get some cover crop in the garden.

/ Nothing fits my 1026R without redesigning something #5  
I have a JD2025r, same issues but maybe a little better. My problem is the lack of lift height with some implements.

/ Nothing fits my 1026R without redesigning something #6  
I thought the top link on my Deere 2305 was also too long. Do what I did, go to your favorite farm store and buy a top link that is a little shorter. Make sure you get a category 1 and not the category 0 lift link.