Notification of updates to subscribed threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Notification of updates to subscribed threads. #21  
Mine also stopped about 2 months ago. Do you have Earthlink/Mindspring, by chance?

I have been on Verizon as my ISP for more than 2 years, and AOL for
email&browser for more than 17 years.

Since REG has tried messing around with settings at the TBN end, I won't
bother with that. Maybe I will try some of my email settings, currently
set as fairly low in terms of security/spam blocking.

/ Notification of updates to subscribed threads. #22  
I might be able to use someone else's e-mail for a short while and have them autoforward everything to me. This would have to be someone who just about never uses their e-mail, never receives anything private or sensitive and trusts me to mess around with their computer for a day or two.
SURPRISE !!! No names spring to mind (-:
Check your PMs

Yes Aaron, that "please fill out this form to become an authorized sender" message is a direct consequence of not being in someone's earthlink address book, but the messages still appear in the suspect email folder. a) TBN has been in my address book for many years b) The notifications aren't even getting to my suspect email folder.
Ok, I didnt know how they did that.

Muhammad,
Is there any (reasonably easy) way you could search through the "We have been blocked by" list to see if earthlink shows up ? even once in a while ?
If so I would be HAPPY to beat on them from the customer end - heck it would be MY mail that they would be messing with (IF that is what is happeneing).
Thinking more, if you can get emails to alert you to PMs, but not to threads, it is unlikely to be on earthlink's end... Is that still the case?

Aaron Z

/ Notification of updates to subscribed threads. #23  
Aczlan, Reg, Dfkrug, Muhammad...If I have a PM from somebody, I get no email notification of that either. But as soon as I get on the TBN website, a popup page lets me know I have a PM. But that's only when I am on the TBN website. I am convinced the ISP is blocking the emails. I wonder what else I am missing that I do not know about...

/ Notification of updates to subscribed threads. #24  
....If I have a PM from somebody, I get no email notification of that either....

Same here. I don't know if I ever got PM notification pop-ups while
logged on to TBN, but I run a popup blocker.

/ Notification of updates to subscribed threads.
Aczlan, Reg, Dfkrug, Muhammad...If I have a PM from somebody, I get no email notification of that either. But as soon as I get on the TBN website, a popup page lets me know I have a PM. But that's only when I am on the TBN website. I am convinced the ISP is blocking the emails. I wonder what else I am missing that I do not know about...

I do not, & have not during our recent message exchanges about this.
I honestly do NOT remember when those went away, it might have been at the same time... or not... sorry memory is the n'th thing to go (-:

I am fairly sure that I don't get the pop-up that you describe, but that is almost certainly a browser issue - I deliberately suppress executable browser code, pop-ups and as much xml as practical.
Anyway, I doubt that it has anything to do with email notifications.
Well, it may be loosely connected somewhere in the site's decision to send messages to (list of OK people) if (subscription matches) and/or (wants this type of notification) on (these updates & events).

Yeah, you wouldn't want ME coding this stuff (-:

/ Notification of updates to subscribed threads. #26  
As someone else suggested, why don't you just set up a FREE Gmail account then switch your TBN profile to send to that account for a day?:confused:

If you get e-mail notifications there, that pretty much guarantees the problem is with your original e-mail provider, not TBN. If you still do not get TBN notifications at the Gmail account, then the problem might be at TBN. It would take about 5-10 minutes for you to run this experiment.

/ Notification of updates to subscribed threads. #27  
If you get e-mail notifications there, that pretty much guarantees the problem is with your original e-mail provider, not TBN. If you still do not get TBN notifications at the Gmail account, then the problem might be at TBN. It would take about 5-10 minutes for you to run this experiment.
It should take less time than that as I sent him login info for one of my "throwaway" gmail accounts to test with.

Aaron Z

Hey guys,
I suffered a mental blockage on that.
SOMEHOW I didn't grasp the idea of setting up a temp e-mail account and giving it's address to ONLY tbn - - in blonde-speak "Duhh".
I was thinking that ALL my mail from everywhere else would go there.

OK, tomorrow - thanks again and sorry it took so long to sink in.
{feelin' kinda dumb right now}

OK,
DONE !
...and THIS update should test it (-:

OK, so right AFTER my last update to this thread I sent myself a test message from my real and regular email account to the new test account.
I got that, but I still don't have a TBN update e-mail notification there.
I'll check again in a few minutes, maybe several times tonight ,,and again in the morning.

BTW, I have NOT set up any filters on the test email account, I haven't taken down any default ones either, but I will be going through that stuff tomorrow anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.