Now I did it!!! New Kubota L3800 with the works

/ Now I did it!!! New Kubota L3800 with the works #1  

ChiefLoneWolf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800, FEL LA524, BH77
After many hours doing research on tractors on the net and especially reading through dozens of posts on TBN to educate myself I finally did it.
Bought a tractor - my first one - which at present I'm still overwhelmed from.
Well, I read on one thread here that the more seat time one accumulates, the smaller the tractor tends to get.
I was opting for a Kubota L3200 but after going over the specs and getting a 'must take' offer from the dealer I 'upgraded' to a L3800.

So here's what I'm getting: Kubota L3800 with FEL LA524 (with welded on hooks), backhoe BH77 with mechanical thumb and a small weight box.
I also ordered the canopy, which I think is worth it (on backorder).
Tires are R4s. I have not had the tires filled as quite frankly I have not yet formed an opinion about this matter. I read a lot about tire ballast, pros and cons, and just couldn't make up my mind - especially with the BH77 in the back.

So as you can imagine, I'm excited. The rig will be delivered this Friday :licking:. And then it's practice, practice, practice ...

And of course - pictures - or it did not happen ;).

/ Now I did it!!! New Kubota L3800 with the works #2  
Congratulations on your new tractor and I can attest to tractors shrinking with time.

/ Now I did it!!! New Kubota L3800 with the works #3  
go easy at first - FEL can get you in trouble quickly. always use a weight box when doing FEL work. if you have to question if a task is a risk...don't do the task.

/ Now I did it!!! New Kubota L3800 with the works #4  
congrs man i have one they are good tractor i can say this they are light in the rear if u are going to move alot of dirt it takes alot of time i moved 12 tons it took 5 hrs

/ Now I did it!!! New Kubota L3800 with the works #5  
Hello Chief. Bought the exact tractor myself this month.....LOVE IT!

/ Now I did it!!! New Kubota L3800 with the works #6  
Congrats! I've had mine over 5 months and love it! :thumbsup:

/ Now I did it!!! New Kubota L3800 with the works
Thanks all for the congrats.

go easy at first - FEL can get you in trouble quickly. always use a weight box when doing FEL work. if you have to question if a task is a risk...don't do the task.

Yes, I have to go very easy until I know the tractor. And then I still have to go easy. I got the weight box too.

/ Now I did it!!! New Kubota L3800 with the works #8  
Great Choice, Congrats on your new Kubota. Go slow and easy for a while till you get the feel for controls, Enjoy!
DevilDog

/ Now I did it!!! New Kubota L3800 with the works #9  
Congrats! I love mine. I moved 2 triaxle loads of top soil to reshape the grade tightly around my mom and dad's house this past weekend in about 4 hours working from the far end of the house and all the way around the back including spreading, packing, spreading, shaping, pulling all shrubs and trees and bushes around the house etc. With loaded rear R4's and box blade attached I can move heaping piles on my LA524 and 66" QA bucket. I do not have the back hoe. You'll know you have a load on the front, but I don't have any problems moving it.