Now I love my YM2310 even more

/ Now I love my YM2310 even more #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
Yesterday I drove a friend's Kubota tractor. I don't know which model but it is slightly larger than my YM2310. The machine is probably 10 or 15 years old. It has the HST, FEL, and is 4 wheel drive. It can't have too many hours on it because the tires are in great shape and nothing is really worn on the machine. Lots of room for my big feet, unlike my tractor, which was made for smaller Asian feet. I was able to inch right up to the side of the truck I was unloading a landscape rake from. The only drawback for the Kubota was that the loader kept leaking down. So I had to raise the rake higher than I wanted so that the thing wouldn't come down on the side of the truck as I backed away. Since the rake was hanging from chains I didn't want to move fast and cause it to swing too much.
So why do I love my tractor even more now? Well, I too can inch right up to something because the clutch works very well, it is easy to feather. And even though I don't have infinite speeds like a HST does I do have 5 speed ranges that feed into the fantastic no clutch needed 3 speed range Power Shift transmission. And even though getting on and off is a bit of a chore because of my big feet once seated it is comfortable to drive and use. And my loader doesn't leak down. At all. Not even overnight. Nor does the 3 point hitch. It starts right up. Doesn't leak oil. All this for $2500.00. I"m sure that Kubota would cost way more than that. So I love my tractor. It does everything I have asked it to do so far and when the power steering and weights are added it will be that much better. When comparing my 40 year old machine to one that is no more than 1/2 its age I am really impressed with how well it works, how easy it is to use. So yeah, I really love my YM2310.

/ Now I love my YM2310 even more #2  
No doubt the YM series tractors will out live my grand children. My YM2002D amazes me constantly. I would like to have a 10 or 20 series, but it is what it is. I am old school and do not want the HST. I agree I can easily feather my clutch to be able to get close to things and my brakes hold me in place. For 20 PTO HP, it amazes me the power it has. And everything is simple enough that I can easily do the maintenance and repairs myself.