Now I Need A Grapple. . .

/ Now I Need A Grapple. . . #21  
   / Now I Need A Grapple. . . #22  

when my 3rd function kit was installed. Kubota dealer installed male fittings on the hoses.
When the grapple arrived. it also had male fittings on the hoses. So, I had to go buy two female fittings

/ Now I Need A Grapple. . . #23  
Since the diverter question seems to be answered, I'm going to be a complete oddball here and say that for some things a wider grapple can be handy. Personally I went with a 66" EA Single Lid Wicked Root Grapple for Compact Tractors on my L3560 (for a first grapple) as it mostly covers the width of my tractor and I wanted that in the event I had to clean up severe storm/tornado damage (which could include pieces of houses or other debris that isn't tire friendly and is strewn across a large area).

The second "grapple" I bought was a Danuser Intimidator for pulling posts/trees. Between the two I can use the Intimidator to pull bushes/small trees in quick & messy pull & drop approach, and then use the width of the single lid grapple to push/rake all the debris into a pile to be scooped up and hauled away in fewer trips. The L-bottom style grapple is also is handy when I'm laying things in the grapple by hand (e.g. final clean up, or cleaning saplings/trees out of a fence line). Can't say I've run into an situation where having the single-lid vs. a dual-lid grapple has been an issue, but that's just my experience and I have haven't had to move large rocks - mostly just stumps, trees, a lot of brush/bushes and other vegetation (if it's long enough to bridge the gap between multiple tines it can be grabbed).

Have also looked at the "Add A Grapple" grapples, Igland GR 20 style grapples (which would seem great for logs and large boulders), scrap grapples (a side-less solid bottom bucket with lid) and many other style of grapples. So as noted in the original post different grapples for different folks and different methods/uses. So which grapple you get depends on what you'll be doing and (to a degree) what other implements you have or plan to get.

BTW I just looked at the Artillian website (first time in a while) and it looks the company is under new ownership (don't believe it started as a part of Curtis manufacturing) -- which to me raises a few questions since I'm no longer seeing the recommendations regarding tractor size for the products. One of the reasons I originally went with EA over Artillian was that I bought pallet forks with my tractor (new I wanted/needed them to unload future implements) and my L3560 was listed as being at the upper end of the size range of tractor the Artillian Frame/Forks were (at the time) supposedly designed to support. Which meant I could have used them, but may have run into issues if starting doing things near/beyond the tractors limits.

From what I've seen some manufacturer's seem to rate their equipment to the max size of tractor it would handle where others (like EA seems to) will add a bit more margin in their tractor size recommendations, and some don't provide any recommendations at all leave the user to make an educated guess based on the implement weight..... personally I prefer to keep the implement under 1/4th the loader's rated lifting capacity (but not "too light"), but will go above that if/when it makes sense.

One final thought - one of the nice things about (at least some of) the EA grapples is the tines on the top lid will line up with the tines on the bottom which can permit picking up some very small items (using a top and bottom tine like a pair of fingers to pinch the item).

/ Now I Need A Grapple. . . #24  
I have an EA wicked 60" single lid and the minimum pinch you are refering to is actually about 3/4 inch . the tines clamp down all the way but due to slack in the pins and such the lid can be lifted about 3/4 inch without much effort.

Doesn't change much about the function and I still love my grapple. It just surprised me when I was building my brush grabber.

Just putting that info out there in case some people had a very specific application they were planning to use a grapple for.

/ Now I Need A Grapple. . . #25  
One final thought - one of the nice things about (at least some of) the EA grapples is the tines on the top lid will line up with the tines on the bottom which can permit picking up some very small items (using a top and bottom tine like a pair of fingers to pinch the item
).

One thing I did to my grapple was to add a "plate" top and bottom so that I could pull up small saplings, pull grape vines out of trees etc. You can read about it here if you like. It took a couple of permutations before I was satisfied with the result, but I leave it on all the time now, even though it is totally removable.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...d-grapple-bush-grabber.html?highlight=grapple

/ Now I Need A Grapple. . . #26  
The grapple on my M59 is a Favor grapple. It wasn’t cheap either at around 3 grand but it’s high tensile steel construction and lightweight. It’s around 600 pounds and it’s rugged built. The M59 has twice the capability of the machine in question and it has no chance of damaging this grapple. IMG_7847.JPGIMG_7688.JPG

/ Now I Need A Grapple. . .
Boy Howdy I am really finding out things I didn't know, I didn't know. Here are the connections they put on. I am assuming these are the correct fittings.
IMG_6824.jpg

The grapple on my M59 is a Favor grapple. It wasn’t cheap either at around 3 grand but it’s high tensile steel construction and lightweight. It’s around 600 pounds and it’s rugged built. The M59 has twice the capability of the machine in question and it has no chance of damaging this grapple. View attachment 682314View attachment 682315

I've been reading the info on the Faver website. I like what I'm reading. What grapple model is that on you M59

/ Now I Need A Grapple. . . #29  
Those look like the right ends, you just need to get fittings on your grapple to match.
The comment that Koua made about diverters is spot on. That's what I have and while it does work, I have to constantly remind myself that I can't curl and open or close the bucket at the same time. I'm constantly losing my load because I forget... But they came on the tractor, so I'm not complaining.

I believe that Messick's sells Artillian, if you think that's what you would like. It appears they may need more plumbing after all though... Artillian HSM-SPM4P-F This is the diverter kit which you're referring to.

Those look like the right ends, you just need to get fittings on your grapple to match.
The comment that Koua made about diverters is spot on. That's what I have and while it does work, I have to constantly remind myself that I can't curl and open or close the bucket at the same time. I'm constantly losing my load because I forget... But they came on the tractor, so I'm not complaining.

I believe that Messick's sells Artillian, if you think that's what you would like. It appears they may need more plumbing after all though... Artillian HSM-SPM4P-F This is the diverter kit which you're referring to.

Yep. . . I really like the system, but having to buy the extra kit is a too much. I just want to make the right grapple decision the first time. I am very pleased with the MX5400, and I want to get a quality grapple as well.