Rear Blade Now if it only stops raining

/ Now if it only stops raining #1  

ctgoldwing

Platinum Member
Tractor
L3800HST
My Everything Attachments back blade just arrived today. The bad, its really pouring. The good, I wanted to get it before the ground freezes so I can do some driveway work. Of course if it snows I now have a means of clearing it :)
I did have a Normand rear 5' blower on the L3400 I sold. I should never have included it in the sale :(

back blade delivered.jpg

/ Now if it only stops raining #2  
On my first tractor I needed a rear blower to clear the snow berms. I upgraded to my current tractor in 2009 - Kubota M6040. It's plenty heavy enough to clear all berms with my rear blade. I sure appreciate being able to clear snow while driving forward. I have a mile long gravel driveway plus my yard and mailbox area.

I sure wish we could get some rain or, even, some snow. Its been an exceptionally dry year here.

/ Now if it only stops raining #3  
You'll like it!

I looked at back blades for 6 months...wanted to have one before winter, but timing was not critical.

Lots of old blades available...

Over that period, I finally found an EA 8' back blade listed on Marketplace.

12 hour round-trip to pick it up...but worth it to me!

Good luck with using it for the snow.

Win/Win would be no snow all winter, now that you're ready for it!!

/ Now if it only stops raining #4  
Rear blade will save you lot shovel and hand rake time etc. also good ballast.

/ Now if it only stops raining #5  
My Everything Attachments back blade just arrived today. The bad, its really pouring. The good, I wanted to get it before the ground freezes so I can do some driveway work. Of course if it snows I now have a means of clearing it :)
I did have a Normand rear 5' blower on the L3400 I sold. I should never have included it in the sale :(

View attachment 678294

Is that the - EA 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade - in the wrapping?
If it is...you will LOVE it!

/ Now if it only stops raining #6  
On my first tractor I needed a rear blower to clear the snow berms. I upgraded to my current tractor in 2009 - Kubota M6040. It's plenty heavy enough to clear all berms with my rear blade. I sure appreciate being able to clear snow while driving forward. I have a mile long gravel driveway plus my yard and mailbox area.

I sure wish we could get some rain or, even, some snow. Its been an exceptionally dry year here.

I sure wish I could send you some rain....we are drowning right now.

/ Now if it only stops raining
Well it stopped raining!

This is an awesome tool. Got to get to some final driveway grading till spring (need to bring in a couple of loads of stone). My goal was to 'fix' the grade of the driveway so water wouldn't run down the middle and rut it up. Through years of vehicle traffic the sides were now higher than the rest of it. Water couldn't get off any other way than straight down the fall line.
My solution was to regrade it so rain would run off of one side as it came down the driveway.
I first used my box blade to loosen the material and do some redistribution to create the 'banked' driveway I was after. When we built the house we brought in 1000's of yds of fill to bring of the driveway elevation. Now its an issue with the tractor n box blade getting too close to the edge :( The back blade turned out to be perfect for the job!

I offset the blade and 'reclaimed' the material it was scrapping up instead of pushing it off the edge. It all helped create a nice bank in the roadway.

back blade showing offset.jpg

Other than I found a ton of potato sized n larger rocks that had to be picked out, the final product product even got the seal of approval from the Mrs :)

back blade grading driveway.jpg

/ Now if it only stops raining #10  
HEY - that new blade is doing a real job for you. Looks like you have just the right moisture content also. I have a Rhino 96" rear blade on my Kubota. Offset, angle, tilt - bring those cobbles up out of the ditches. I have two spots on my mile long gravel driveway where I DO NOT want to get real near the edge. Offset is a REAL lifesaver.