Mowing Now this is a mowing machine!!

/ Now this is a mowing machine!! #11  
IRON Search - 1990 Sidewinder sw72 Mower For Sale By Knoxland Equipment Inc in New Hampshire

We have one of these tire drive mowers that we use for the same project. Using a tire drive takes out the issue of a slip clutch and gear box wear/tear. Lowers the shock that is transferred to the tractor PTO. The mower is very heavy, enough to lift the front wheels of a 75hp tractor with no weights on the front. Usually have it mounted on a tractor with a dozer blade to push the trees over before mowing, they cut better when bent over. We've mowed stuff as big as a man's arm no problems. If the tractor will push it over, the mower will cut it off. Run 14ply rears and 20+ply airplane tire fronts=no flats. Tough slow, dirty work, but beats a chainsaw.

/ Now this is a mowing machine!! #12  
That is most deffinately a Brown Tree Cutter behind a Woods Boss tractor. Browns are made in Alabama. I think the one pictured is a model 2605. The weight of the cutter is more like 2500#. I don't know why there is a made in Italy tag on it, unless it is to bypass U.S. safety regs as far as the design of the open blade style.

/ Now this is a mowing machine!!
UPDATE!!! Well, I went back to the club this morning to turkey hunt one last time (closes next Friday) and the Woods Boss was parked in the same place. I see why, they've removed the entire gear box, the pan that holds the blades, and the PTO shaft!! Those guys must be rough on equipment! :( See the pic:

BushHogonWoodsBossTS110001.jpg

So, it's ironic that NWBearcat mentioned the tire drive mower, maybe these guys need to go get them one and just replace this bush hog! Well, at least they did get the right tire fixed, the tire bead was back on the rim anyway so they fixed one problem!

Someone was asking about the turkey season. It's pretty decent in the Piedmont (upstate) area of SC, where my club is located at. Turkey season is open the entire month of April here, the first two weeks there was a lot of gobbling and a good number of birds taken. The last two weeks, it's like someone turned off the switch. All the toms quit gobbling. I can count on three fingers the number of birds I heard gobble last Saturday and this morning. At least I did get a jake the 2nd Saturday that I went there. Not much to brag about but he's in the freezer and will eat well! :thumbsup:

2010turkeyatCCHC.jpg

The turkey population here has been down in numbers in recent years though. :( Most people attribute that to land use practices (more land being developed & more old virgin forests being cut down only to replant with all pine trees) and the ever increasing presence of coyotes. :mad: They will work on a turkey nest with eggs or young poults in it.

/ Now this is a mowing machine!! #14  
UPDATE!!! Well, I went back to the club this morning to turkey hunt one last time (closes next Friday) and the Woods Boss was parked in the same place. I see why, they've removed the entire gear box, the pan that holds the blades, and the PTO shaft!! Those guys must be rough on equipment! :( See the pic:

BushHogonWoodsBossTS110001.jpg

They are very rough on equipment. That is a 150 hp gear box. The new woods boss tractors are a new holland TS 6030. It is actually a row crop tractor in stock form, but add the cage and kevlar tires and it goes to work as a right of way tractor. Here is a spec sheet for the new ones. I was quoted a price a couple months ago of around $55k.

View attachment 163073

/ Now this is a mowing machine!! #15  
In north MS we have had the best season in a couple of years but my hunting has been limited due to my daughter's soccer. I did get one bird.

/ Now this is a mowing machine!! #16  
By the looks they feed that beast darn well..like to borrow for day to teach small thorn apples tress thing or two.

/ Now this is a mowing machine!! #17  
Kebo,

It looks like you are gonna have to wait till it gets repaired before you hot wire it and clear some shooting lanes...

I'm like you, I enjoy looking over the different types of heavy equipment parked. I had the little Matchbox cars instead of the big Tonka trucks and tractors when I was a kid. I think I missed out. But I am trying to make up for it. And I still can't get nothing done at work if I see any digging going on out the window.

I always take pictures, too. A few pics for your viewing pleasure...

Attachments

• Debris mulcher 4-30-09 001.jpg
    Debris mulcher 4-30-09 001.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Logging 002.jpg
    Logging 002.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Logging 7-12-09 001.jpg
    Logging 7-12-09 001.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Logging 7-12-09 006.jpg
    Logging 7-12-09 006.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 262
   / Now this is a mowing machine!! #18  
That is most deffinately a Brown Tree Cutter behind a Woods Boss tractor. Browns are made in Alabama. I think the one pictured is a model 2605. The weight of the cutter is more like 2500#. I don't know why there is a made in Italy tag on it, unless it is to bypass U.S. safety regs as far as the design of the open blade style.

Hey Guys
I live right around the corner from Brown Mfg. That is a Tree Cutter, and they are definitely made in Alabama. The "made in Italy" tag is for the gearbox. It is a Bondioli and Pevasi. everything else is made in Bama.

That thing is a beast too.
will cut anything you can run over.
and can back up into an 8" tree and take it down too.