Now this is weird... Can someone help?

/ Now this is weird... Can someone help? #1  

JayC

Veteran Member
When did TBN start using different ads at the top of the site? I'll post a pic of an example of the one I saw at the top. I never noticed the ones at the top before. I thought they were always the dealer seach ones and the other regular TBN ads. Now, as my attachment will show, I see one for DVD related stuff. Some other ads showed up, too. Right now it is back to the normal TBN ad with the book. Am I being a little paranoid (recent computer problems probably caused that lol), just going nuts, or did TBN start using different ads at the top?

Attachments

• 436195-weridad.jpg
    436195-weridad.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 175
   / Now this is weird... Can someone help? #2  
That's not our ad. Looks like you might have gotten some spyware installed that loads a banner on top of a banner on a page like ours.

/ Now this is weird... Can someone help? #3  
Well I hate to admit it here in front of Muhammad and everything but I find this site easier to read with the ads blocked by AdSubtract. Less visual clutter, and if I log in by dialup the pages load much faster because they don't have to wait for those ad banners from offsite. On dialup sometimes I turn on AdSubtract to help TBN pages load faster. The Attachment is what I see using AdSubtract.

Last edited:
   / Now this is weird... Can someone help? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Well I hate to admit it here in front of Muhammad and everything but I find this site easier to read with the ads blocked by AdSubtract. Less visual clutter, and if I log in by dialup the pages load much faster because they don't have to wait for those ad banners from offsite. )</font>

It does load faster, but I've found the ads (links) to be useful, and I've discovered some interesting things following them.

Cliff

/ Now this is weird... Can someone help? #5  
Best of all, the ads keep TBN free! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Now this is weird... Can someone help?
Ok. As if I need more spyware/adware. That's what did this thing in the last time round. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I ran SpyBot and it didn't find much. Norton AntiVirus 2004 not only scans for viruses, it now scans for other things like spyware/adware. It found some but could not delete all of it? I downloaded Ad-aware last night. Things were getting bad. I was getting two and three pop-ups for about every page I visit and ads were being replaced by the ones in the pop-ups! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Spybot only found about 10 things. When I ran Ad-aware, it found 88! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif So, hopefully this junk is off my computer now. Thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif In a way it's nice to know I'm not going nuts! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Now this is weird... Can someone help? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( In a way it's nice to know I'm not going nuts)</font>

Good to hear you've got your computer straightened out... but about the going nuts..., well that is another thing entirely /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ Now this is weird... Can someone help? #8  
I run PestPatrol, SpyBot, AdAware, and SpySweeper. I do a complete check of everything at least once a week and find problems almost all the time. What I don't understand is why it takes 4 programs to do this. They each find differant things to delete each time, and they never find the same thing, to my knowledge. I guess that "spies" take many forms!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Now this is weird... Can someone help?
Well, at least I have two of the four. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Maybe I should download the other two.

Now that was mean, Steve! lol I'm not going nuts. Me no. Not me. I'd never go nuts. You maybe but not me. No never. Not me. Me nuts? That's funny. No, not me. Never. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Now this is weird... Can someone help? #10  
Sorry Jay, I read that remark and as much as I tried I couldn't resist it... so much for my civility /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif