NRA billing???

/ NRA billing??? #51  
we never get calls anymore since the wife and i upgraded to some version of life memebrships years ago.

occasinaly mailings.. maybe? 2-3 times a year.. no big deal now.

soundguy

/ NRA billing??? #52  
When you donate to NRA make sure to tell them not to send you the gifts (unless you want them) because they will start sending stuff.

Some is nice thoughtful useable stuff dont get me wrong but we dont want it because it costs NRA money. We send them money when we can she is more generous than me usually so we dont need incentives but thats us ymmv.

/ NRA billing??? #53  
Very good Doc, I do the same. The organization is already doing us a huge service and by requesting no gifts it save money same as putting a stamp on a postage paid envelope. :thumbsup:
I AM THE NRA
Chris

/ NRA billing??? #54  
All this talk makes me think about rejoining them, I was a member for many years but got tired of the constant soliciting and stopped my membership. Man, you wouldn't believe how much time and money they must of spent trying to get me back, for the last 3-4 years.

I know it's hypocritical, since I am a gun owner and gun club member, and I really do appreciate the rights we have concerning firearms.
But I started thinking of them as just a money grabbing scheme, and wondered what they could be doing with all that money, all I could think of was how much they spend on raising more money, and that bothered me.

They are not only a big lobby, but in fact one of the top 10 largest lobbies in all of Washington.
10 of the Biggest Lobbies in Washington | Business Pundit

This article explains that it's not the money they spend, but the way they can mobilize their 4 million members that makes them so powerful.

I don't mind paying a fair share, but if I do rejoin I will definitely try to get on that no call list.

JB

/ NRA billing??? #55  
All this talk makes me think about rejoining them,

This article explains that it's not the money they spend, but the way they can mobilize their 4 million members that makes them so powerful.

I don't mind paying a fair share, but if I do rejoin I will definitely try to get on that no call list.

JB

Please do JB we need you back now more than ever!!!

Remember the 5-4 Heller decision was only won because the NRA spent a ton of time and money and effort its up to us to keep up the support we could have lost that one easily it makes the hair stand up on my neck thinking about that.

/ NRA billing??? #56  
yep.. having a unified front, and people to push along call and letter campaigns to the elected and appointed officials makes a difference.

soundguy

/ NRA billing??? #57  
JB you are important, we are being attacked from all sides. ***** and Hillary are working now with the UN to strip our rights. First the guns then who knows what
I AM THE NRA
Chris